Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some good ramps to test with on a triple.has anybody tried anyone of these 296x,297x,298,299,300,301
looking for a more aggresive ramp than the 286 in the mid range
and full shift :sly:

·
Registered
107 Posts
What year Mach 1, i have a 99 and my winter setup is going to be with 283 ramps there more laid down compared to the 286's should pull harder, u could go with a 287 also there almost identical ramps, those newer style ramps like u posted above u cant run a heavy adjustable pin kit with those ramps, i'd go with the 283/287 and get a set of mag arms to pull hard for u.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my mach is a 97 why cant you use the heavy adj pins with those ramps why. :angry: :cussing: :hallo1:

·
Registered
361 Posts
mach 1, I was running my '97 Mach 1 trail ported, shaved head, v-force II's, and Jaws trail pipes for the last few seasons, but sold them as I wanted to start trail riding more and keep engine at lower rpm's (high rpm = hard on crank + wear out belts faster). The following are the two best clutch setups I found while running the Jaws @ 8900-9100 rpm. 1. Excellent all-around and trail setup - red prim. spring (230-410), 286 ramps, clicker @ 2, 12.9g pins, 44 Goodwin cam, beige or Goodwin blue sec. spring set @ 20lbs., and 25-44 gearing. This engaged @ 4700 and topped out at 8900-9000. 2. Excellent drag racing, but need good traction setup - blue prim. spring (240-430), 287 ramps, clicker @ 5, 16.4g pins, 48-44 Goodwin cam, beige or blue sec. spring set @ 20lbs., and 25-44 gearing. This engaged @ 5100 and topped out at 9000. These two setups took me a while to find as I do alot of clutching on my sled, and both were the best I could come up with. As for all the ramps you want to play with, I can't comment as I don't have them nor have I tried them.
Hope this helps !

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply limskii thats why i went with the crankshop pipes they run at 8600

·
Registered
107 Posts
U cant run those ramps because there longer than the older ramps the end of the pin will hit the clutch as it upshifts so it wont let it shift out all the way its like u hit a dead spot when u get her rolling down the trail or whatever, if u take a roller and put that heavy pin through it and roll it up your ramp you'll see what i'm talking about. U can wreck a clutch with a heavy adujustable pin kit and those ramps.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rotaxmandan will it hit the one side of the governor cup.that sucks :cussing: :hallo1:

·
Registered
72 Posts
sorry to dut in but with what ramp 296 297 298 the 295s look alot alike exept for the bump on the lower end?

·
Registered
524 Posts
287 looks nearly identical to a 286, but it lays down flatter on the tail, holeshot and low end wont change but the midrange on out will shift harder.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What I'a loking for is the diff. between a 286 and a 295 ramp, they look very close to each other to me. Will the 295 load the engine harder in low range or in the top of the shift? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts