Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
... Is it carburated, or CFI? If it's carburated, lift the back up to assist in fuel flow to the carbs to get the fuel lines going to help not only start it, but keep it running when it does catch. If it's fuel injected... I dunno what to do either? :dazed: Hopefully someone has an answer to that, so we both may find out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Under the handlebar cover you'll find 3 connectors. One flat with 2 wires(3 wire connector), another square one with 4 wires, and finally a smaller 2-wire connector. This is the one you need...it is for priming the fuel pump in the event of air entering the system. You will need to apply 12v to this connector. Positive goes to the red wire..negative to the brown. Alternatively you could also power the pump directly using the connector coming from the tank. Wire colors are the same. Running the pump manually will fill and pressurze the fuel rail and starting should resume to normal.

Just another reason to have that battery installed Pepsi..:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under the handlebar cover you'll find 3 connectors. One flat with 2 wires(3 wire connector), another square one with 4 wires, and finally a smaller 2-wire connector. This is the one you need...it is for priming the fuel pump in the event of air entering the system. You will need to apply 12v to this connector. Positive goes to the red wire..negative to the brown. Alternatively you could also power the pump directly using the connector coming from the tank. Wire colors are the same. Running the pump manually will fill and pressurze the fuel rail and starting should resume to normal.

Just another reason to have that battery installed Pepsi..:)[/b]

the 2 wire conn. colors are red and gray , i do have a conn. under the hood just under the bars that is 2 wire red & brown but i can't tell if it comes from the pump.i don't know and appreciate all replys thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts

Just another reason to have that battery installed Pepsi..:)[/b]
Ha ha! I'll probably be getting that then :) Probably not now though, with snowmobile season over? I found my freewheel remover, so now I can do repairs on my bicycle! Yeah! Bicycle! I'll be speeding now!!! :D I need to get the cash flow under control again, lol. Besides, those were my fittest years :) I have a "Pepsi Gut" to get rid of, lol.

How come snowmobiles aren't made of chromoly??? Stupid question, I know I know. But my bicycle is almost 10 years old now, and it shows no signs of rust, and I've done NOTHING to prevent rust, including riding it in some rain. The whole thing is made of chromoly (back when CCM was experimenting with dual suspension and testing out frames that weren't made of standard metal or aluminum... I have their first "normal frame" bicycle with dual suspension. Looks like crap to some, but I prefer the old fashioned frame with rear suspension) except for it's conterparts: alluminum alloy. Which renders pretty much zero braking power... debating on disk brakes but I don't think they'll fit with the front suspension on 'er. I already beat the standard speedometer to crap trying to get it to work, ended up buying digital, ended up giving up on that because it takes THREE abnormal batteries to operate. Had one die... had to troubleshoot which one it was, bought a pack of two, they never did die again in 8 years even when left in the cold, but didn't care enough to calibrate the darn thing again. Managed to peddle my little legs over 3,000km on 'er though before I got out of it again...

... Man why'd I type that??? Oh!!!! There's a coffee next to me... 'nough said. Ah, I typed to much to delete it, so you're all gonna have to read it now :tongue:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 2 wire conn. colors are red and gray , i do have a conn. under the hood just under the bars that is 2 wire red & brown but i can't tell if it comes from the pump.i don't know and appreciate all replys thanks[/b]
i found the connector for the fuel pump, connected 12v and nothing happened. i take it my fuel pump could be gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts