Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 1999 zl 600 and i just got it not to long ago.I just snapped my drive shaft so i change my drivers at the same time this was 2 weeks ago ever since then it was running great and never ratched during the whole 2 weeks but this weekend it started. So i thought that my lugs on my track were to worn down so i was going to turn my track around but when i got my skid out it seemed that my drive shaft had moved over so i realigned and put it back together and once again it still racheted. So i thought my track was to loose so i tightened it but it still rachets..

if u have any idea it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey i have a 1999 zl 600 and i just got it not to long ago.I just snapped my drive shaft so i change my drivers at the same time this was 2 weeks ago ever since then it was running great and never ratched during the whole 2 weeks but this weekend it started. So i thought that my lugs on my track were to worn down so i was going to turn my track around but when i got my skid out it seemed that my drive shaft had moved over so i realigned and put it back together and once again it still racheted. So i thought my track was to loose so i tightened it but it still rachets..

if u have any idea it would be greatly appreciated[/b]
I thought my zrt800 was racheting,turns out the chain was too loose,top sprocket was skiping over chain when it hooked up hard,had to replace sprocket and chain.I also have a set of anti-rachet drive sprockets,these drive off the lugs and the windows,I bought them and never installed them,there new in unopened package.You can get these drive sprockets at Hi-performance Engineering web site,I'd sell my set for $100 save ya some money,there nine tooth drivers.Cat-Girl

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought my zrt800 was racheting,turns out the chain was too loose,top sprocket was skiping over chain when it hooked up hard,had to replace sprocket and chain.I also have a set of anti-rachet drive sprockets,these drive off the lugs and the windows,I bought them and never installed them,there new in unopened package.You can get these drive sprockets at Hi-performance Engineering web site,I'd sell my set for $100 save ya some money,there nine tooth drivers.Cat-Girl[/b]

thanks a lot this makes a lot of seens because when i was puting it back together i had a hard time geting the chain on the top gear

anyways i will try this and hope it works thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts