35 to 49 miles A Outing
50 to 69 miles A Ride
70 to 99 miles A Tour
100 to 119 miles A Trek
120 to 159 miles A Excursion
160 to 199 miles A Voyage
299 to 249 miles A Expedition
250 + miles A Holly Jouney

I saw this on S.W a long way back , thought I would repost it for the newer members

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
The holy journey would be a ride by sled from our place to valcourt meeting Danr on the way.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Hehehe, Every day that I rode last winter was an Excursion!!! Gotta LOVE sledding in Yellowstone!!! Two tanks of fuel used every day. :0:

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
around my home in great snow conditions to get anymore than a ride in is a big day. but in the north it is just nice between a voyage and an expedition.

·
Registered
530 Posts
That sounds pretty close to me. I think I've only gotten a few 150+ miles in in a day. But many many 100 mile days in. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Good chart to use. Now all we need is for someone to repost the one from last year on how to prepair yourself for sledding. Gas in the eyes, sitting on ice blocks, holding flashlights in your mouth while rebuilding your carb in the dark. All I remebor is that is was real funny.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Originally posted by paul yarek@Nov 5 2002, 08:11 PM
around my home in great snow conditions to get anymore than a ride in is a big day. but in the north it is just nice between a voyage and an expedition.
I'm in the same boat you are Pauly.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
after this year i have found out it is not always just miles. it is who you are with and where you are that makes it.
this january past i went riding with the Laurie and Pete/mxz7 Benhke in their neck of the woods. we past through eagle river and that has been a 33 year trip for me. i was pleased and i think Pete was scratching his head just a little wondering how i could be in such awe to be there.
a ho-hum sunday afternoon turned out to be a good one once when i met Jacqui and Jeff/Trailblazer on the trail.
another time i went with the teenagers in our area and it was a great ride because i planned it. lots of straight aways so i could keep up with them.
it was an experimenting season for me as i got my carburetors spot on.

·
10,054 Posts
I prefer a voyage for a day,,, my first trip to the UP this year turned out to be a Tour and that was for 4 days of riding,,,, Hope to never have that happen again!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts