Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should the adjustment screws on the outside of the RAVE valves be set. How many turns in or out from the ends? Mine are right in the middle now ( about 4 turns)? What can be gained by moving them in or out? Should they 1 way or the other for mild family trail riding or busting it up with the boys?
I'm running a 99' FZ 670
Thanks
Rubber Side Down

·
Registered
900 Posts
The further they are turned out, the sooner the valve's open..I leave mine 1/2 to 1 turn out from all the way in..ive played with them and not noticed much if any difference on my 670..Steve

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've also heard of guys doubling up the rave gaskets as well.Never tried it
myself though ;) Maybe others that have could shed some light on the expected gainsfrom this.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I never touched mine, but it is a fact that a 2 stroke engine will use a lot less gas if the valves are closed. Maybe setting them in will save you gas but i wouldnt touch them. Where there set from factory might/probably has somthing to do with the clutching.

Good Luck...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ski-doo recommends to turn the screw all the way in, leave them there they have adjustments on them for altitude corrections you wont' gain any performance by adjusting them unless you are going to climb mountains

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
formulaman is right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts