Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Bartman says
"If this is the first time cleaning the RAVE valves, there is a good chance you will see a wire tie or tie wrap around the rubber bellows, remove it and roll the red rubber bellows off the white outer plastic cover. Remove the white plastic cover with a 10mm wrench turning counter clockwise."

I have never done this before. I got the tie off, but dont see no red or white bellows. From what i see everything is black. I had the dealer hone the cylinders for me and he said the top bellow needed replaced. It had gotten overtightened and the top of the stud was starting to come out. To get to the valve, I did undo the bellows by pushing using the 10mm wrench. Then i took the 5mm allen wrench and removed the housing. Cleaned the valve. Did I damage anything by bending or moving the bellows to the side and undoing the 5mm allens? The motor in question is a 89 Mach I 583 motor. First year of the rave if it matters.

Sorry for the long post!! Any help would be good!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
hey i was wondering on the polaris xcr power valves how muchthey should be turned out and is it bad to play with them to get them tuned?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts