Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Crossfire 7. It was "winterized" this spring at my local cat dealer. What do I need to do before taking it out on the trails??

Thanks,

Shane

·
10,054 Posts
go back over it,,,, fine tooth comb type of going over it. look for bad bearings, loose bolts in the suspension (front and rear), make sure your idler wheels are good, grease it again,,, I assume they fogged the motor, cleaned the clutches, inspected the chain and sprockets as well as changed the chaincase oil.

Find out what they did for sure, then do what they didnt as well as you final checks,,,

·
Registered
324 Posts
One other thing you might wanna check is your power valves for free movement and cables for correct length, they seem to over look this area and also your oil if it is a diamond drive it should be done yearly not every 5000K.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have pulled my brains out and can not get the sled to fire. I poured gas into each cylinder and it starts right away. Just seems like it is not getting fuel. Any ideas?

·
Registered
324 Posts
It could be your smart valve in the gas tank. They some times stick closed. You can snag it with a coat hanger or just stick your hand in the gas tank and give it a good shake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts