Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's been lots of discussion about tires-rims and lights...and that's all a given when it comes to trailer maintainence--but to really make her shine on an aluminum trailer,i take mine to the local truck wash and have them give it an acid bath (like they do to bull rack semi-trailers) and it comes out like new.$6 bucks.then i took it home and spent $18 on deck treat and layed that on thick with a roller(the 12 footer took a whole gallon) and lastly-$2 bought a can of undercoat that was sprayed on the axle-all around(it's the only steel on the trailer).i took a 5 year old triton that had no love in it's life time and for under $30 it looks like it just came off the show room floor.the acid is the ticket...and you don't have to worry about it etching the metal-they rinse it directly after putting on the acid.for what it's worth.......... ;)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Nothing wrong with keep er looking as good as she works plus it adds dollars to the value when its time to sell.
Rick. :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
i always have my trailer acidized at the end of the year...salt will EAT alum.!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts