Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I decided to get four new shocks for my sled when I came across a decent deal, since my 05 REV did not come with rebuildable shocks. Got a complete set of X package shocks, but am stumped on installing the front shock of the skid. The large Allen screw bolts that hold the cross over "bar" that the lower half of that shock assembly is connected too seem to be odd to me. I can only get one side out at a time? It almost looks to me like I would have to unbolt all the skid components toward the front of the sled if I can get those allen keyed bolts out, and slide the bottom crossover bar in between the aluminum extrusions of the skid??? Man, a picture really is worth a 1000 words eh! Anyways, if this makes sense, please advise. I must be missing something, because it seems like way to much work. So first thing, how do I get those *%&^$#**[email protected]! bolts out (if they need to come out) and then, how do I get that shock out of there. HELP.......we could get 8" snow tommorow and would like to be to get the first ride in.

THANKS.

Dave

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Take one allen bolt out, clean it with a wire brush then clean the hole with a tap. Reinstall that allen bolt tight and go to the other side and repeat. The manufacture puts medium grade thread locker on the skid bolts so they don't loosen. Be sure not to lube these bolts to aid in removing them together because they will need to be re Loctited on reassembly.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take one allen bolt out, clean it with a wire brush then clean the hole with a tap. Reinstall that allen bolt tight and go to the other side and repeat. The manufacture puts medium grade thread locker on the skid bolts so they don't loosen. Be sure not to lube these bolts to aid in removing them together because they will need to be re Loctited on reassembly.[/b]
Thanks TD, thats good advice. I'm assuming then that the assembly will then slide out towareds the front of the sled through / along the extrusion? Is this right?

Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All done, thanks for the tip Thumb Master....lol

Was as easy as I thought I should be once those bolts came out...now...4 good shocks for sale anyone?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Glad to hear, tomorrow's snow will let you try that new suspension out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts