Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just longtracked a 98 MXZ 670 and it seems way to stiff even at the lowest rear spring setting. The color of the springs is blue/blue/blue. If someone knows the specs on these springs I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think that the diameter is 10.6mm (99% sure about that one).  As for the angle I am unsure but it may be 90 deg.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I'll get the racing manual when I get home. What is the long track suspension out of?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I did was take summit 136" rails and layed the 121" over them and marked the holes. I drilled the 136s and transferred everything over. Now I can hardley push the rear of the sled down.
I took the rear springs loose and the suspension moves all the way to the bottom freely, so I dont have any binding problems. I'm kinda lost for what to do except find softer springs. Thats why I was looking for the specs on whats in it so I`ll know where I'm starting.
Thanks for any help, Don

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
According to the race manual the stock rear springs on the 670 are as follows:

LH 414 943 600  RH 414 943 500

10.6 mm wire dia., 90* opening angle, WH colour code

The optional softer spring is:

LH 414 866 300  RH 414 866 200

10.3 mm wire dia., 85* opening angle, YL colour code

The '98 Summit 670 came with these springs standard.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
The blue springs are the stiffest you can put on an SC10. That is why they seem stiff.

·
Registered
171 Posts
actually the springs from the 99 MX6 are stiffer yet (11.1 mm in diameter).  I know as I went to the softer (* MXZ 670 springs on my sled after fitting a coupler kit.  don't mean to be a know-it-all but that is a fact. (not sure about the colour code of the opening angle, however)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts