Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Formula ss 670 and I'm wondering how &
what adjustments I should make to the rear suspension.
I'm getting a fair amount of Ski-lift especially when I do
have a passenger on.  Plus with two people on the
suspension seems to bottom out alot.  Here's what I know
about and the current settings.  

Front limiter straps are longest possible
Front shock (adjustable) is on its lowest setting (biggest grove)
Rear shock not adjustable
The nut on the rear sissors is all the way in

That's all I know about currently.  The guy I bought it from didn't have the manual.  Basicly I need two settings.  One for double riding and one for one person for fairly aggressive trail riding.  If possible I would like to minimize ski-lift, especially when I have a passenger on.
Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Well, the bad news is that you've done abgout all you can. You might want to try tightenting the limiter straps up, as well as putting both rear springs (front and back) as hard as they go. That would keep the skis down with two passengers. One of the characteristics of that SC-10 skid was great weight transfer  and therefore it'll carry the front skis all day if you want it too.  
 Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Info Rocketman!  You said to put both shocks on hardest setting but only the front shock in my rear skid has adjustments.  The front one is a shock and coil (like coilover) and the rear shock is just a black shock.  I don't think I can adjust this rear one?  Can I?  Or unless you were talking about the springs that are on the top bar of the slide, but there's no adjustments on springs is there?  Thanks!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
yeah yeah...sorry..I meant the torsion springs that are on either side of the rear shock....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts