Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My MXZ's rear suspension is getting tired. I happened to come across a complete one off of a 2001 MXZ 800, SC10II, ZX chassis. :rolleyes: Will it fit on my 1996 MXZ 583, SC10, S2000 chassis? I can get it for one hell of a deal and it would save me a considerable amount of money if it will work. :thumbsup: What do you guys think? Is it a simple drop in replacement?

·
Registered
795 Posts
It can be done just not sure if it is just a straight bolt in. If you can get a good deal then I would get it. From what I have heard it is a great upgrade. :D

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Bolt in, just open up the rear chassis mount holes to 1/2" and play with the front limiter straps til you have the coupling blocks in the middle with you sitting aboard.

[attachment=40309:SC10_III.jpg]
[attachment=40310:Mxz_SC10_III.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Bolt in, just open up the rear chassis mount holes to 1/2" and play with the front limiter straps til you have the coupling blocks in the middle with you sitting aboard.

[attachment=40309:SC10_III.jpg]
[attachment=40310:Mxz_SC10_III.jpg][/b]
got enough idlers there TD, i run with no idlers, hahah.

·
Registered
443 Posts
yea does it need 18 idler wheels?

·
Registered
94 Posts
What do you expect ? it's a bogie suspension.[/b]
Thats gotta save on having to change sliders, or do you swap your skis for wheels and ride it to work all summer? :lmao:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
You change your stickers on your 96 MXZ????

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No change in stickers, but I did change up the paint scheme a bit. A little less yelow, with a little more black.

I did get the new (used) suspension installed. I have a question regarding that. I will start a new post with some pics.

Attachments

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
What do you expect ? it's a bogie suspension.[/b]
nice on ice and grass huh doc? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
No change in stickers, but I did change up the paint scheme a bit. A little less yelow, with a little more black.

I did get the new (used) suspension installed. I have a question regarding that. I will start a new post with some pics.[/b]
The reason I ask as the decals are 97s

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
nice on ice and grass huh doc? :thumbsup:[/b]
Snirt doesn't slow me down and the suspension stays square no matter how high / far it flies after a table top jump.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts