Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 98 Jag I just got both rails are broke clean through. I thought of just welding them beings my 8 year old would be the only rider but decided to just replace them. I have 2 complete rear suspensions from 96 ZRT's and an ETT out of a 98 ZR. The ZRT rails look really close but on Alpha Sports they show two entirely different part numbers. Anyone know what the difference is? I don't know if the difference has to do with this sled having the ETT type suspension without the link and the old style straight tunnel.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
On the 98 Jag I just got both rails are broke clean through. I thought of just welding them beings my 8 year old would be the only rider but decided to just replace them. I have 2 complete rear suspensions from 96 ZRT's and an ETT out of a 98 ZR. The ZRT rails look really close but on Alpha Sports they show two entirely different part numbers. Anyone know what the difference is? I don't know if the difference has to do with this sled having the ETT type suspension without the link and the old style straight tunnel.[/b]
If you have the complete suspensions, why wouldn't you try to put the whole assembly in rather than taking everthing apart.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the complete suspensions, why wouldn't you try to put the whole assembly in rather than taking everthing apart.[/b]
The suspensions are all different. The Jag has an ETT suspension without that extra link. The suspensions I have are the old style fasttrack and an ETT with the link has different rails and arms.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
The suspensions are all different. The Jag has an ETT suspension without that extra link. The suspensions I have are the old style fasttrack and an ETT with the link has different rails and arms.[/b]
If you still have the old tunnels you could measure the distance between mounting holes and match that to the Jag.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, all gone. I can take the Jag rails and line them up to the ZRT rails. More than likely it's the holes that's different. The ETT suspension has entirely different rails.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just finished installing the suspension from a 2000 zl550 int a '99 Jag 340 chasis. The only thing I had to do was drill new holes in the rear mounting plates to accomodate the position of the tsl. On mine the tsl arms were angled toward the front of the sled and the holes I drilled were already predrilled through the mounting plate on the inside of the tunnel. They were about 2 inches forward of the factory jag holes and slightly lower. The important thing is to get the measurements correct. If they are both ETT tunnels the front holes should be the same. Mine were.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts