Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 formula dlx, and the rear feels very sogy, with everything maxed...the back end will drop about 3..4 inches with no rebound...would the back shock be bad or the rear springs??
any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks.

CC

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sounds like new rear springs might be in order ???

·
Registered
39 Posts
The AD Boivin ETS kit for the SC-10 with ACM also greatly improves things. You can actually ride with a softer setting and it couples the rear skid the way the new ones do.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The ATS kits will not work on that sled, I don't think it has ACM.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Originally posted by 800MXZ@Nov 26 2002, 09:04 AM
The ATS kits will not work on that sled, I don't think it has ACM.
My partner has one on his '98 500 MXZ, and I just bought one for my '99 583 Form. Dlx. Haven't put it on yet but I know mine has the ACM.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm, nobody thinks it would be the rear shock?? Yes mine has ACM, but could not find a kit for it....i think??

But how much of a pain in the @$$ is it to change the rear springs??

THanks.

CC

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Well, according to the AD bovin web site:

"The ETS SC-10 upgrade kit weighs only 2.5 pounds and is made of high-tech materials. No drilling is required to install the kit. Total installation time should not exceed one hour. Available for Ski-Doo®* SC-10 rear suspension with 121 inch track and ACM."

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I would change the rear spring and the shock. Your sled is a 98 and while you didn't mention milage I'm sure your shock should be rebuilt or replaced as well. The springs are what controls your ride height. A shock alone can not control this. The shock controls the rate of compression and rebound. Do both the springs and shocks and your butt will thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.....how much of a pain in the @$$ is it to change the the two rear springs??
That's what I need to know..if not I will have to take the skid out again..and take it into the local shop to have them done.....

Thanks

CC

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im not going to lie to you and say its easy. In some cases you can get the skid out and have new springs in it in no time. But that takes luck.

Its not hard but give yourself some time and get someone to help you get the skid back in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, the skid, is not too big of a deal..I was more worried about the springs, getting them off and on...?!?!?

Thanks for the help.

CC

·
Registered
373 Posts
You should be able to change rear springs without pulling the skid, just drop the 2 rear bolts and let the suspension hang down, put the springs on the lightest setting before unbolting them and you will have no problem at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What about installing the new ones?? How hard is it going to be to put them back on??
Does anyone have any instructions??

Thanks.

CC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts