Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 10 years have been filled with media statements supporting and opposing the possibilities of global warming. Here in Minnesota and North Dakota all of the Lake and river levels have risen to record heights, they are not going down. We flood nearly every spring and now we have NO SNOW. On the other hand, the weather patterns that have been recorded during the last 100 years or so actually show this as part of a pattern that could in fact mean we are cooling down.

Well we may find that the scientists are too smart for their own good, or they may be right, but then again if they are right, which ones do we listen to?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Well, being a student in geology, I have bad news, temps are about 7 degrees colder than normal right now if we look at the big picture (last couple million years) but weather patern's are not predictable. I've seen weather models that predicts that the effects of global warming would stop the golf stream from going north which could bring forth another iceage but there are also models which predict that Canada will be a nice hot vacation spot in february in some thousand years or so. Major changes in weather takes a long time and we probably won't be alive to see the results so the only thing we can do is hope for the best and that all that time doing the snowdance wasn't for nothing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I really could care less what it is- I WANT SNOW!!!!
LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of it too!!!!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
ladykatrider,
 right on, like who cares as long as it snows. the more we talk about crap like this we are attracting butt pirate rights groups.

·
Registered
508 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (paul yarek @ Jan. 22 2002, 7:54pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ladykatrider,
 right on, like who cares as long as it snows. the more we talk about crap like this we are attracting butt pirate rights groups.[/b][/quote]
LOL!!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
 If I had enough snow to ride I would not be posting either.  I think ac is right about the unpredictable weather.   I try to watch the penn state weather when I can  The weather proffesors are the ones who give the weather and educate you at the same time. It is one of the schools that teaches meteroligy.   I do know this is a lousy winter for snow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The world was once a big fireball with no humans, it was once a big iceball with no humans, it turns into a moderate place with humans and now they say we cause the earth to warm up? Whatever!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Were is ole Jack Frost when you need him?

Everyone, lets look on the bright side maybe he just took an early vacation and plans to give us a blizzard or two before February ends!!!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
As I type this it's -32 F there isn't a lot of snow but the ground is covered and some of the drifts are ten feet high. Unfortunately the snow is also about as hard as styrofoam.... the machine was running over 140 F  tonight (a bit warm since the coolant is normally around 125 F) when I went to get ice for our drinking water.

Is it global warming?

I don't know. A week ago it was raining.......

·
Registered
978 Posts
This year it was a little slower coming but we got our snow so that's what counts, everone come on up to northern ontario the trails are perfect!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.