Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just finished cleaning up my secondary and was wondering how I put this thing back together. Is it as simple as doing everything I did to get it apart in reverse order? Other than placing the spring in the correct holes, is there anything else that I need to pay special attention to? Thanks for any info.

Steve

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
As long as it's cleaned and in good shape your good to go.Make
sure you put some anti-seize on the inside of the helix where it rides
on the clutch.Then when you are compressing it back together you will
have to rotate the clutch in order to get the snap ring back on.Hope that
helps ya :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
been a couple months since i put a sec. back together, but i think you turn it counter clockwise hold the outer sheeve(lower sheeve when its sitting on the bench) and turn the upper sheeve counter clockwise. about a 1/4 turn, have to make sure the little cam sliders go past the first thing on the helix(watch out you break the cam sliders off) usually about a 1/4 to 1/3 of a turn then get someone else to push down on the helix and put the snap ring on then it should be back together, if i remembered right for turning the sheeves counter clockwise haha
i'll be doing some testing on grass here in a few days, so if i find out its the other way i'll post it on here

·
Registered
211 Posts
Make sure the snap ring is FULLY seated. I saw a secondary come apart due to that problem. It wasn't cool at all and nearly took our heads off... :nervous:

If you do not have a secondary compression tool, make sur eyou get a friend to help out, it is impossible to do it yourself.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What do you mean impossible to do yourself. I do all my clutch maintanance by myself. What is there that causes you to need a second person?
Maybe you need more practice! HA HA :doh:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I do mine by myself, with a clutch press, it's a good investment if you are going to do much clutch work, just make sure to load the spring by turning one of the clutch halves like the others have said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts