Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, My rear Shocks are Toast.. So I know i gotta get those rebuilt.. But what i wanna now if should I have my Fronts done to? My sled is a 00 ZR600 with the Clickers.. So should I have my fronts done while they do the rears?

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I have found that sometimes the fronts last longer. I rebuild my shocks about every 2-3 seasons cause i ride alot. The fronts i would do sometimes every 3-4 seasons. This is just my experience.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
2 or 3 seasons. :doh: They recommend you do them about every 700 miles. I have 1500 on mine and I am rebuilding all of them. It is very easy to do yourself if you have the tools and its not that expensive to have someone else do them if you pull them off the sled. You wouldn't believe how bad they really are when you pull them apart. Usually the Nitrogen is gone or atleast there is a major loss of pressure. And the oil is all milky. Definetly rebuild all your shocks. If your taking in the rears. The fronts take about 5 min. to take off. I have all remote resivoir shocks also. Only one clicker though. Doesn't make it any more difficult. The only one that is a little more difficult is the dial adjust.

·
Registered
884 Posts
:withstupid: 2-3 years??? Man you are taking a chance of screwing up your whole skid frame doing that. Once the shock is shot, then all the load goes to the rear springs. Once the rear springs take over the whole load, look out, you will be replacing slide rails because the Aluminum Rails will not withstand the beating of the steel bolt. I do mine every year. Just a safe bet if you do them, take em off and have them rebuilt ZR006!!!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I have all the shocks done at the start of each season. Some say do the rears every season and do the fronts every couple but my idea lies in the fact that the shocks are so darn much money to replace why take a chance on ruining one bacause it has moisture or dirt in it when having them serviced is fairly cheap. Plus the sled will feel that much better on fresh shocks, they go away so gradually you are usually not aware of how much better if felt a few hundred miles ago.
Spend the extra dough, its worth it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I rebuild mine once or twice a year depending on how hard I abuse them.

newf

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 9 2002, 06:13 PM
I have all the shocks done at the start of each season. Some say do the rears every season and do the fronts every couple but my idea lies in the fact that the shocks are so darn much money to replace why take a chance on ruining one bacause it has moisture or dirt in it when having them serviced is fairly cheap. Plus the sled will feel that much better on fresh shocks, they go away so gradually you are usually not aware of how much better if felt a few hundred miles ago.
:withstupid:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 9 2002, 08:57 PM

Hey rf, your with who????? Easy big fella!!
Your kidding right. I use that thing all the time. I'm totally agreeing.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Originally posted by ZR Sled Head@Oct 10 2002, 04:13 PM
Ditto. Gotta start the season off right with fresh everything.
Oh ya, here ya go sled head. :withstupid: LOL We agree with you man. ;)

Last edited by phazerhater at Oct 10 2002, 07:10 PM

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by phazerhater@Oct 10 2002, 09:08 PM

Ditto.  Gotta start the season off right with fresh everything.
Oh ya, here ya go sled head. :withstupid:  LOL  We agree with you man.  ;)
Sorry felt out of place not using a quote. lol.. :withstupid:

But thanks for the Info guys.. When I drop my sled off, I'll have them do it all.. I would do them But I don't have the time to get into something like that. That and I might screw something up... So I'll let the Pro's take care of it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts