Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Olympic that I want to put together to ride this season before I restore it.  I just put a 335cc single rotax in it that has had the points clean and adjusted.  I am going to rebuild the carb before I even attempt to start it.  The gas tank also seems to be in good shape.
What are some things I should do to this sled before I take it for a rip?  What I mean what should I do to the track?  Is there some places that should have some grease applied or something?  Any tips???
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am not sure what to look for in a 69 olimpic as far as stuff that would go wrong.  But I had a 70 artic cat panter and I will give you a list of things that broke on that.

First you should probably replace (or at least look at) the nylon sides that are between the suspention frame and the track.  Also look for cracks in the frame.  If the skis are rusted and pitted think about getting new ones.  Also make sure the chain case has oil in it.  With that panther we also had to replace the bearings on the driven pully and the main drive shaft that drives the track.  We ran it a while with out replaceing them but they broke after a bit.  Also replace the gas line if it is all hard and nasty.  Last of all get new motor mounts if you can find them.  I have had a few break and it's a ##### to get the sled home..

That's all I can think of right now.  I am sure that there is other stuff but I can't remember it..

·
Registered
167 Posts
i just got a 69 399nordic running after sitting out side uncovered for many years the track deepsixed at startup but it is easy to replace your sled does not have slides it has boggie wheels these have a fitting on the side of each wheel that you can grease them check to see that all the wheels spin freely   if yours has a rubber track check for dry rot minor weathering is ok but take it easy for the first few miles and as far as motor mount dont worry abuot that the motor is mounted with bolts right on to the frame no rubber mounts at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts