Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been riding this sled for a couple of years now and haven't, yet, recharged the suspension. Seems more plush than I would like it, however, have not bottomed out (also, I leave it set on the stiffest postion (of the three available)).
Should I be concerning myself with this issue? Also, in Canadian dollars, how much should I expect to pay to have this done by a mechanic (Huntsville, Ontario, Canada are)?
Also, if there's a specific solution you have in mind to replace the entire SS system, please, let me know.
Thanks!

Ambiotic

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
depends how you ride. every 1000 to 2000 miles for an aggressive riding or ever season. ever 2000 to 3000 for your average trail rider or every other season, and 3000 to 4000 for or sunday drive kinda guy and every 3 season or so. id do them but im going to be gone for most of christmas time and your in canada and shipping back and forth sucks. id suggest shocktec.ca franks does great work and is a very nice guys.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If the SS boards have gone south they cost more than GOOD shock's.

You can use ZR(01-02)...NOT ZL shocks. You can also use F-5,6,7(03-06) OR Saber cat shock's(03-06), both the front and rear skid shocks are the same...just diffrent valveing. They DO bolt RIGHT IN. I just bought and installed a set of 06 Saber cat shock's on my Zl SS.....fit perfect.

I first had Timespentsearching rebuild and revalve....for my rideing style of coruse.

If your sold on keeping the SS shock's and the eletric part is bad there is a company that make's BLOCK OFF plates for the computer part. It also includes a NEW piston and valve stack. I belive the KIT (not rebuild) was $90 US per shock....I felt that replacment shocks were just a cheaper and better idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts