with the recoils on there 800 twin.Mine worked flawlessly the
first season and 3000km.It has been replaced once but still acted
up occasionally after.I keep hearing about an updated recoil for
the 01's.If anyone does know about this could they please let me
know and/or post the new p/n........thanks :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ive had tons of problems with my recoil(2001 800zx), so i bought the 2003 recoil,paid 180 cdn for it and it has some improvements and looks real good,i was tired of starting my sled from the clutch,try starting it when your up to your chest in snow(i hit the kill switch by accident...arrrghhh)same with my buddy go4it he also had a lot of probs and replaced his recoil with a new one also,hopefully the new style is trouble free

·
Registered
310 Posts
I hope that problem doesnt include the 2001 600's :nervous:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
You guys aren't alone, a broken part from my third recoil failure took out the stator about 80 miles from the trailer. 02 ZR-800.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is one for the 02 800's that apparently consists of a revised
rewind assembly and a heat shield between the muffler and rewind.
If it pi$$es me off any more i may try and see if an older style 670
one can mount on as i have one of my old 98 ???

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey sled crazy, How many miles on your sled, Mine and Panteraone's rewind went around the four thousand mile mark.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My 02 700's recoil broke with around 400 miles on the sled. Hopefully it was replaced with the updated mechanism.

·
Registered
376 Posts
yellosled, you can tell if you have the updated one if there is a metal round piece on the outside of the recoil cover.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Originally posted by Go4it@Oct 22 2002, 12:18 AM
Hey sled crazy, How many miles on your sled, Mine and Panteraone's rewind went around the four thousand mile mark.
my sled has got 800 miles. Did you guys have 600's?? Should I bring mine to the dealer for any updates?? Ive gotta take it into the dealer anyways to make some extra DESS keys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts