Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
They have been trying to have a sled for sale since 1999 and have not produced one for the public yet! Until they sell a sled, I think it's a dead issue! Too much talk, and no sled!

FZ700

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Doesn't Redline have a long history in off-road suspension design? I don't think a 4-wheeler sounds so far-fetched.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I'm with you perfx,but who is going to back the R+D,finiance the project,patents. etc. They still have to sell something to actually make some moola. :sleeping: :sleeping:

·
Registered
959 Posts
if they are any good at playin chess they will wait till somone makes a wrong move to unleash whatever they have

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
they sell off-road suspentions,that is how they will finance the r+d.look at fast's blade,they did r+d off sled part sales.I still maintain my wait and see attitude though. ???

·
Registered
546 Posts
i would agree with winter freak.
the problem with red line even if they did get one out of the garage would be retail sale price.
i would bet they would be a few thousand more then the big four.
that alone would hurt them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Redline sled appeals to me... although I too think the high price will be a problem. The nice thing about it though, is that with Redline's technology, the "big four" would pick up pieces and concepts here and there to improve all brands of sleds.

I for one hope they bring their product to market... same goes for Honda... it only offers us more choices and continues R&D on the manufacturers part to create a better sled for us all. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
If redline is having a problem in building snowmobile maybe Honda jump aboard and buy them out. This would then let honda get started in the sled market. They can easily in stall a motor in redline chasis. This is my two cent. :hallo1:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Talked to onew of the guys from Redline a few weeks ago. They are going to production!!!!! Not having the $$$ of the Big 4 they can't just build a bunch and test them. They had to build 2 at a time and fix what problems they find. They do have final units ready to go to production and have the production line ready. THey are awesome!!! He said price will be right around $12000. Only one model-800 2 stroke I believe. Too much $$$ to build more then 1 model this year.

**I would like to add that I saw Blake Stranz (Snow Goer, Snow Week, Snowmobilier) at Novi and he had some info on Redline and was on his way to talk to them some more. Expect to see some info from them when it comes out.**

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'd rather buy 2 new MXZ 800s for the money they want for 1 redline, Another blade for the more money than brains crowd.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The redline is a cool sled, no bones about it! But its time for them to "put up or shut up"!! Saw their booth at Novi and walked on by...... nothing new with them, just a lot of unkept promises........ And if they have even the wildest dream that there going to break in to the snowmobile market with the current weak economy with a $12,000.00 snowmobile.... they have already hired the wrong marketing firm....... ain't going to work.......
I liked to see them get off the ground, the competition from another player would be good for the sport..... but so far it appears that all redline snowmobile corp. is...is a bunch of engineers with some good ideas and a lot of wild dreams..... that's how I see it! DooZ ??? ???

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by M10rules@Nov 10 2002, 11:30 PM
Talked to onew of the guys from Redline a few weeks ago. They are going to production!!!!! Not having the $$$ of the Big 4 they can't just build a bunch and test them. They had to build 2 at a time and fix what problems they find. They do have final units ready to go to production and have the production line ready. THey are awesome!!! He said price will be right around $12000. Only one model-800 2 stroke I believe. Too much $$$ to build more then 1 model this year.

**I would like to add that I saw Blake Stranz (Snow Goer, Snow Week, Snowmobilier) at Novi and he had some info on Redline and was on his way to talk to them some more. Expect to see some info from them when it comes out.**
Don't believe everything you hear, whether it be by word of mouth or printed in a magazine.

Read the other Redline post in this forum, there's some interesting material there.

As for Redline themselves, timing is key and their "hot" time has pretty much passed. A-arms are now everywhere, the RX-1 has bled some of their styling, the RX-1 has already delivered a powerful 4-stroke engine, the Firecat and RX-1 have the reversed engine layout....etc. Their design just has less fire now.

Also, have a good look at the side profile of their vehicle. The long and lean look doesn't really fit with the "centralized mass" philosophy that the industry has been taking.

What the consumer doesn't know is that Redline will have several surprises for them if/when they ever go to production. Several of their designs infringe on some existing patents that belong to some very powerful companies, but they've kept quiet about it. If they ever take off, they will be hammered back down to ground level quite quickly.

-Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Redline is a subsidary of TMAG industries. TMAG is big into off road and road racing among other things. That is were the advanced technology in there sled came from.

The problem Redline has had is raising capital to build the sleds. They recently secured a sizeable loan and will be starting to produce demo sleds for there dealers this season. I have had one on order for two years and there telling me they will probably have the sleds out by next fall. I talked with the owner of USI ski's at the Milwaukee show and he said that USI had recently received a guaranteed order from Redline for next years production.

As for marketing, as far as I know there entire first years production is has been sold out and there is a waiting list for additional consumers.

All that being said, I have my fingers crossed and hope they can deliver.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
MUST be a great sled they won Popular Mechanics Award LOL :blahblah:

There 800 has NO power valves and only puts out 135hp(according to them) and weighs 465LBS(according to them)

Look how long that sled is Too

They are a joke

·
Registered
708 Posts
With the sled market being so up and down as of late. Redline would be smart to market a atv, the atv market would at least give them some capital to complete there sled. At the same time both products could play off each other. Note not long ago people did not give polaris a chance in the atv market but now they build some of the best atvs out there!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts