Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a set of the new v-force 3 reeds and have been looking at the reed block spacers. I thought about getting them in the past with my other sled, but never ended up trying them. What is your guys opinion of the block spacers, good or bad?

·
Registered
210 Posts
:D , well was thinkin about reed block spacers also along with the v-force reeds i already have, i started askin around about them from some of the local prefornce shops, and was told that i would'nt notice hardly any gains with them, being that my engine is bone stock, but if i had some trail porting pipes engine mods. etc... then i would most likely notice the spacers, so i nixed that idea,and opted for some clutch work instead....

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I put about 1000 miles on the first year with just vforce2s and some clutching. Last year I ran BM reed block spacers. I thought they made it a little snappier on the bottom end but that was about it. I've heard they make more of a difference on larder displacement engines. The one problem I do have with them is they move the carbs back about a 1/4 inch which was enough to make my airbox not fit very well.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I don't think either are a decent bang for your bucks.
Using your stock cages with Carbon Tech reeds will yield a decent gain for far less bucks.
:)
Rick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Zr Sled head said it best dont use v-force the pedals break easy and use the carbon techs better product for less$$$

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I would hate to thing of the number of guys that get stuck out on the trails with broken v-force reeds.
:)
Rick.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have the spacers I am putting in my 900. I have the delta 2's in my 600 and have 3,0000 miles and never been starnded. I have never seen any sled with broken reeds. Kevin

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I personally know of one but have heard of several on other forums speak of having the same problem. My understanding is that its fairly common for them to fail in the 1500-2000 mile range.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My dealer had a bad batch about a year and half ago. He had four set break so the company had him return them and sent him new ones. I have put about 1600 miles on mine and have a couple friends with 3000+ miles on them. Just my experience.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I tested V-force reeds on a dyno-jet track dyno and it did increase the HP. Now for the reed spacers. Dont use them, I tried several different spacers.(thickness) and the sled actually lost HP. The test sled was a 02 ZR 800. With the reed spacers in it had less HP than stock. 4 HP increase with V-force.The Reed cages on the 800 are the same size as the 900, So I would imagine you would get the same results. As for the reed petals breaking on the v-force, yeah moto Tassinari did have problems with the early v-force with petals breaking, Since then with the Delta 2's & 3's I Dont hear of them breaking. I know a guy that had an early set of v-force in his 97Mach I The center cylinder had broken reed petals last winter, Now these reeds have been in his sled for over 4 years, He called up Moto Tassinari and told them the petals were broke and they Replaced All three sets of petals with the improved Delta 2's For FREE. I had read on the internet that they had done that for someone before, So I told him Go ahead and call them, what do you have to lose. Its a good thing he did. I wonder how many other customers they have done that for?? I also wonder how many other companies would have done something like that for free?? They didnt even question him. Just said send them to us and we will replace em. I use the reeds. I have seen the dyno print out. And you can feel the snappier throttle response immediately. I think they are a great improvement for the $$$$ Thats my .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts