Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to put on a set of Boyesen Power reeds on my 700 doo.
I still have stock reeds, I noticed that they have reed stops. Do need to install the stops on the Boyesens? They say take them off, what have some of you done?

any info would be helpful!

FZ700

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I left the reed stops off when I changed the reeds on my 700. Called Boyesen first. No problems. You should notice a big difference in throttle response.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I leave them out.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If the set comes with reed stops, use the boyesen ones. If the set doesn't come with them its because you should be re-using your stock ones.

Reed stops are important so the petals don't over travel and get damaged at WOT.

General rule of thumb after installing these, Jet down 1-2 from mains, pilot air screws turned in 1 to 1 1/2 turns. If you don't have enough adjustment go 1 size bigger on the pilot jet.

Boyesens are great for midrange.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the imput! Madsledhead, what sled are you running? Did you find the settings through trail or did you call Boyesen? I am installing the ATACC from Holtzman, I will have to jet for-20F. I think then I will have to adjust for the reeds. I'm going to call Dale Fett during the install of the ATACC and maybe he will have some input. I will also try to call Boyesen for the reed stop option.

Thanks

FZ700

1 - 7 of 7 Posts