Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the best reeds and silencer for a 2001 mxz 700 and what makes you think that they are the best ????? :yee:

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
can is only going to lose weight no real gains with it.reeds,boyesen = best bang for your buck.only real gains from reeds in in mid range,why pay $300 when you can get very close results for less than $70.on my 00 700 v-force was 3 hp in mid range boyesen was 2hp.I think everyone I have talked with had the same results,on the series 3 700 any how.

·
Registered
362 Posts
ck MBRP for a silencer. Good price, good weight reduction and a nice sound. Got 1 for my ZR last year.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If I were you I'd get a B&B silencer and boyesen reeds. My buddy had this set-up on his 700 and it worked great. The can was really light and small and it sounded sweeet! Good Luck. :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
drewalt, you do a lot of testing, must be nice to get all those new products.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
While were talkin reeds here has anybody tried those wolfpack reeds ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought a set of Wolfpack's, but haven,t put them in yet. The rep that sold them to me said they noticed approx. 5hp gain on an'02 800 MXZ on the dyno. He also said that they tuned the primary clutch for the additional power. I am looking forward to see how well they accually do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
MBRP all the they wont rust have no chincy rivets, great throttle reponse gain, best sound ever. I have 2 machines with it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
MBRP===>I wouldn't have cared if it save weight or not, the sound is what sold me, they really "beller and cackle" as my buddy says, but then they call him "bugle lips"

I'm impressed with their can!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I like my Superlite can. it "supposedly" adds 3.8hp but i dont really think so. It sounds AWESOME tho.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've heard from to very credible sources now (DOOMAN and my dealer) that the boyesen reeds work very well in ski-doo 700 twins. The dealer I go to actually works with ski-doo so he's very trustworthy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts