Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting in a set of reeds for my 02zr600efi.Any info about hp gains, fuel economy, reliability would be great.I love the sled but with the release of the firecats its only a matter of time before it gets handed down to the wife.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think Vforce claims a 2hp or so gain and no change on mileage.  I've been running Vforce 2 on my 00 zr500 carb.  They have added alot of snap to it mostly at the bottom end and somewhat all around.  I haven't noticed anychange in mileage which is pretty bad on a 500 but oh well.  As far as reliablility I haven't had any trouble in 1500mi

·
Registered
533 Posts
I installed the wolfpack reeds in to my 01 efi.

I really don't know if I gained and real HP.  If anything I am more than likely getting better use of the HP I allready have.

I noticed with the wolfpack that my throttle is more snappy and the engine sound is more crisp.  I believe that these are a big inprovement over the stock fiber reeds, and they don't cost as much as v-force.  Wolfpack suggests re-clutching with there reeds to a heavier weight.  I installed a D&D clutch kit long before the reeds.

As for fuel milage.  The ZR6's burn a lot of fuel.  The wolfpack is supposed to give you better fuel milage.  But I have yet to see it.  Then again the throttle is usually pinned anyway.  Hard to see a fuel milage increase when you drive like the way I do.

cheers

newf

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just installed V-Force II's in 02 ZR600 the day before the 4th, I must say that the engine does sound more crisp inaddition to the feel of throttle, but really won't know the whole story till season gets here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts