Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a little money left over from the snow show, and I've been considering putting aftermarket reeds in my sled, but I have heard conflicting stories about the different brands... I have heard that the V-force are great but not worth the money unless you are racing and trying to wring out every last HP... I have heard that the Carbon Tech are great, and a good value, and I have heard that the carbon tech are crap... and I have not heard much about the Boysen reeds, or the Boysen RAD cage. Since I know this is the place to come for multiple opinions.... :D I am looking for insights on any of these products... Lemme have it, what do ya guys think??

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I have a set of the RAD valves and am quite impressed with them so far. I have yet to ride the sled, but the throttle response from idle to engagement is really crisp.

If you are looking to just change petals, go with the Boyesen. They are the most responsive of the aftermakret reeds, and have never met anyone dissapointed with their replacment reeds.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I would suggest you honestly survey yourself regarding how you actually use your sled. If it's not raced formally, and only infrequently informally, find another place to spend your money. Clutch kits come to mind if that hasn't been done....

AL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts