Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I put m/t carbon techs in my 800 twin and did not see any real improvement over stock.I should have went with the lower priced boyesen petals as i have had good results with them on my dearly departed triple.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
oh boy get ready for some opinions...lol :D
i had the vforce2's on my 800 mx,i found that they did work very well excellent throttle response,and when i took them out and did a side by side run i was a bit slower without them on top,the only bad thing is the screws that hold the cage together were falling out,vforce gave me a brand new set on warranty,but i sold them(because of the screws)now the new vforce3's have no screws they look great,i think i will put the boyesen petals on this year depending on what the new v3's cost at the supertrax show in toronto. :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
####, panteraone, thnx for reminding me, ill have to go take my reeds apart, time to loctite that screw.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
For the $$$, you could spend it towards soemthing else as far as V Force go. They are a great product, don't get me wrong. Just the trend of things now, the twins and lower RPM really don't show the gains. The biggest verified gains I have ever seen are in the 5-6HP range, but usually are in the 3-4 range on the newer sleds.

I think the Boyseen are the best things going. $78 for the MXZ, and you get 75% of the gains of the V Force.

I see the V3s are very similar to the Boyseen Rad valve though. They look nearly identical from the intake side, other than the RAD is aluminum and the V3 are plastic.

I just think that the regular trail riding guy could focus elsewhere for gains. For the same $$, you can get an upgraded track, susp mods, clutching, light weight and probably gain more of a performance edge.

For all out racing, you need every edge, and you need every edge that you can, and the $$$ can be ustified, but also the more RPM and air you use, the more you see these gains also.

·
Registered
756 Posts
the second gen. v2's did not loose screws to my knowledge, but they do leak between the cage & mount. That sucks (ha ha ha) I fix them with gelseal as a gasket on the screw threads. I see noticable gains in throttle response, & about a 200-300rpm gain on top in an 800mxz. huge diff in my 900 w/o them

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sledcrazy im not sure but i thought loctitie was for metal to metal,the cages are plastic and the screw vibrates and strips the plastic thread in the cage,you might be ok on the 600 cause it has less vibs than the 800,let me know if loctite has a metal to plastic application

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so what i have so far is that i need the v force 3`s.........lol cause i am very competetive and do look for every last hp out of a stock sled... :devil: 3-4 or better yet 5-6 hp is substantial. i already have the clutching the suspention and now the track. every little once i could get ill take........... ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the Carbon Tech reeds in my MXZ600. I have over 6000km with these reeds and they are still 100%. As for gains, you do notice a bit of throttle responce but the biggest gain so far is how long they last.

I have heard that if you are looking at ultimate performance reeds, try getting a set of Wolfpacks. I would of bought these but I did not find out about them until after I bought my Carbon Techs.

As for VForce reeds. Highly over rated!!
I watched a guy at a radar event last year pull 118mph on his MXZ700 with his sled with stock reeds. He then swapped in the VForce and only pulled 115mph. His next run pulled 116mph with the Vforce. He pulled them out and put the stockers back in and he pulled 119mph. I am noy sure of any other mods that he had but I seen it with my own eyes that VForce reeds are more like VFarse!

·
Registered
310 Posts
never thought of that plastic to metal thing panteraone. And i did notice leaking between the motor and the reed when i took them off earlier today. Ill have a fix for that when I put them back in tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
MachZ69 - Just giving you what you wanted man.

If you are racing and need it, and have the $350 to give up, then yea, go ahead and buy. The gains come smaller case volumes and the higher RPM.

The ol 800 Mod sled used stock 809 cages with Boyseen reeds. The only gain thea Vforce gave on the dyno was 2.3HP at 4100RPM, and after that the gains were diminishing. At $160 a HP, we elected to send them back and get our $ back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts