Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
good ?? i have been thinking about getting v-force reeds for my xc 700 but are the really worth the money they want for them after all they are only reeds can they be that much better than the others you can get for 1/2 the price

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2001 800XC and a 2002 800XC.
I added PSI pipes and some clutch modifications, boost bottle had the 2001 punched out to 875 cc.
(All before I bought the 2002.)

I am very impresed with the low and mid range response of the 2002, but the 2001 lacks low end response.

I had a flat spot in the mid range between 5200 and 6200 RPM but I changed the needles and that area is fine now. I rode with a friend this last weekend and he has a 2001 800XC also with clutch work and boost bottle. He has the V Fore reeds and his low end response is similar to my 2002. I'm thinking about putting the V Force on my 2001.  PSI wants $400.00 US for their reeds so the V Force sounds considerably better. If I get this done this week end I'll let you know.  By the way I'm not a new rider but I can't figure out how to elimnate that from my profile. I first rode a snowmobile in July of 1972, but that's another story.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hey Snow King. You can't change your status of NEW RIDER until you spend countless hours adding posts to the forums that have no meaning and are pretty much useless to everybody. Just watch Paul Yarek and learn from the best like I did. I have no knowledge to offer but everybodys got an opinion, and I like to give mine.

Your Status changes with the number of posts you have. After so many it will change but don't ask me what it is cause I can't remember

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Stick with the V Force they are much better in all conditions then replacement peddles.They seem to give more performance on the bigger motors then the smaller ones ie 700 or 800 over the 600 or 500.

·
Registered
310 Posts
my mxz came stock w/ a booster bottle and tuned pipes, and it runs good stock when it runs, i love the pickup on it.  i have a video i wish i could post on the internet of a big ### wheelie i did on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Snow Monkey, thanks for the info. I had sent an E-mail to the web master and he responded the same way.
By the way I ordered the V Force and managed to get a 20% Discount so they will cost $206 plus tax. You have to know people. Hope to install them this week end and try it. I'm a full time flat lander but a part time "Yoopper"

·
Registered
38 Posts
My V-Force reeds. for my 2001 800XC SP

I was not at all impressed with the reeds when I rode Sat after I put them on. I did not feel any improvement. I must also say that it was 35 degrees F Sat when I rode.

I plan on taking them off and selling them if anyone is interested. I'll take $200.00 US in the original box with Instructions.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Carbontech.....with a little low end tuning. Much better bang for the buck...

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I have tried V-force and Boyseen Power reeds and prefer the power reeds over the v-force.  I will be trying carbon tech next season and compare them to boyseen.  I have heard great things about the low tension carbon tech reeds, so we'll see.;)
Also, this was my experience on a 600 3x3 cat, so it may be different for the polaris sleds.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts