Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 ZL 500 and am looking for a set of reeds for it. Does anyone know if V-Force reeds are any good? I have heard that V- Force reeds aren't that great. Or if Boysen reeds are any good? Or any other good reeds to get? If any one has any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put V-force in every two stroke I own. I have tried Boysen Rad valves, Carbon Fibers, and FMF's in my fourwheelers and sleds. The boysens were decent, But the V- force were the best so far. Now, on a 500 you may not notice that big of a difference, It may not be worth the money, But it will help some. I run 800's and now a 900. You will notice better throttle response, and possibly better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Generally speaking, V-Force reeds won't do much unless you have anything above 700cc. They will help, but save your money and get a set of Boysen, Wolf Pack or Carbon Tech and utilize your stock cage. Better bang for your buck.

A good clutch kit will wake up your sled.

newf

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys. Thanks for the help. I have a pair of Black Magic twins and the clutch kit for it. I was wondering if you have ever heard of Lencco Hurricane Reeds? I was thinking about them. www.lencco.com. Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2002 ZL500 with Black Magic Clutch kit, V Force 3 Reeds and modification to air box.This was set up by Cat Tech. who has been wrenching on AC sleds for 28 years.He said he would not use anything but V Force.He also said one of the most important things to do is get everything in alignment, motor, clutches, belt.Most dealers do not do the extra when they set up a sled, you will have to ask them to make sure everything is in alignment and pay a little more for setup, but it will be well worth it. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts