Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i have a 2002 prox 440 fan and i was think of regreaing it so i could get some more top end out of it how much would it caost and would it be worth it or just a waste of time and money ???

·
Registered
303 Posts
go to the polaris website and look under pure polaris website. I think the gears are about $75 each. It doesnt take much to pull the case off and switch out the gears. It probably would take maybe 1 hour. As for increase in top-end, sure it will give you more speed, but your gonna loose it from somewhere. I would go with the clutching first. Goodwin/EPI, both make kits for the '02. You would get your largest gains from clutching it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
have you drove your sled yet! we had one last year and got 95mph out of it with the stock gearing! what we did to make it run great for the trails, was dropped the main 2 sizes and dropped the needle 1 position ran syenthetic amsoil and we dropped the top sprocket 1 tooth, and added 1 tooth to the bottom,put in a goodwins clutch kit, 96 studs this thing would run with a liquad 440 up to about 45-50 mph it would actually jump alot of bigger sleds off the line and they would have to play catch up! The sled run real good for a fan!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've got the '03 fan coming in, and from what I heard it will have the same clutch as last year. What exactly does the goodwin clutch kit have? Also anyone look into EPI's kit? I dont have much experience with button clutches, so if someone could, give me some education on them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would call Joe at www.gsiracing.com Joe is a the owner of teh POLARIS FACTORY grass dragin team and has won HayDays as team owner. He builds some of the BEST set up kits I have ever seen. His stuff can be anything from full blown race to trail and anything in between. He has arguable some of if not the fastest stock and trail stock stuff out there today. Good luck and tell him Shane sent you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got a 02 440 Fan and I pulled 95mph out of it Bone Stock. Although it was 40-45 degrees out and on a hard pack trail, but still I thinks thats pretty good for a fan :hallo1: I was thinking instead of rejetting couldn't you pull the air box and install K&N air filters it would be easier but alot more expensive, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
852 Posts
95, stock fan? I`m impressed. Does anybody have any drag results?, with et and mph for 500`? I know the 440Xliquid is real nasty, argualbly as good or better than the Zx`s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts