Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been dumping some money into my 2005 polaris 600 switchback, ive bough a new mbrp standard silencer for it, and new slp air horn intake kit for my air box, and some vforce 3 reeds, the only thing that said required rejetting was the air box....but since there all working in sync(in a way) because there all freeing up air flow, wat should i do for rejetting so i dont burn a piston?the air box kit said go up 2, but since my carbs are running a little on the rich side anyhow im not sure wat i should jump up to?? Any suggestions are welcome please and thank u!!

ryan cannon

·
Registered
852 Posts
carefull...you know how to read piston wash? i`d go up one, and bump the needle up one groove and pay attention to what your motor is telling you. if you dont ride below 0f thats a plus...lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
With what you have done, I would go up 2 for sure.

To be on the safe side.........

Piston wash is; when you look in to plug hole, of course you will see the top of the piston and the center would have carbon on it and where ever you have a transfer port the carbon will be "washed off" exposing clean alum............

Hope this helps............this is a very quick discription.............................joe

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
With what you have done, I would go up 2 for sure.

To be on the safe side.........

Piston wash is; when you look in to plug hole, of course you will see the top of the piston and the center would have carbon on it and where ever you have a transfer port the carbon will be "washed off" exposing clean alum............

Hope this helps............this is a very quick discription.............................joe[/b]
it should not be dry but have a nice "wash" pattern to it, as well as the plug reading. I would do as they suggest. however ,I think you will find yourself up just one notch on the needle , and back to the original mains. assuming it was rich ,as most are ,from the factory. I always buy 2 under mains , when I pick up my sleds new. the old rule applys better safe than sorry. we cannot jet it over the computer, without pics anyhow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts