Snowmobile World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems a lot of topics are falling into the general snowmobiling are regarding local conditions and trail reporting. I strongly encourage these topics to be started in the area designated to help with searching.

Lets make our local discussion forums build more interest and increase traffic. Have a good ride in your area... Report it. Think your trails stink.... Report it. for me clicking a link reading about a disgruntled person from ontario about the local grooming does not help.... but it will to the people in your area!

Just trying to keep SW a well oiled machine! Thanks for your cooperation

·
Registered
329 Posts
h e l l of a job your dooing budda and all the others of course.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
h e l l of a job your dooing budda and all the others of course.[/b]
Thanks Dahmer, we appreciate all your reporting that you do for the cochrane area. And even more because you do it in the Ontario Forum :wink:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I understand what you're saying about local discussion, and I agree that it would be good if more people would use the local discussion forums.
However, often local issues lead to a wider discussion that others might have input on. Private land closures, general complaints about a club that others might have expirienced, other things that might be of interest to a wider audience.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm sure if those people are looking for said input, they'll have no problems asking in the general forum? If they're looking for general comments from a variety of areas, I see no harm in asking; as opposed to just complaining about their local areas.

I have posted about local weather, but only in response to other people's posts, just adding to the thread. To do a bit of a comparison. But I guess if I keep doing that, I'm only adding to the making of the forums possibly becoming messy, eh? I'll try to limit myself :)

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if it is broad then it is fine guys and if you are only replying then do not worry about it as none of the mods have felt the need to move it so it must be ok where it sits.

I am more talking about asking about what the conditions are in an area or venting about your local club or even lodging info. NB I know you don't care if I say TASA did a lousy job this season.. or if I think that Gobles has 8 inches of base....

All I am saying is when starting a thread try to decide what your target audience is and where you think you should put the thread. we have done our best to break up the local areas and make them general discussion type forums... lets try to use them and make them a great central database for easy searching. I am guilty of this as well and that is when I noticed it, its really not a problem just a way we can make SW better.

Peace out my snowmobilin buddies SWRules

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think if we can get everyone on the same page it will be great. I recently posted a "local" type thread in the General Forum because I did a search in the local forum first and saw very few responses. I also noticed that there was only one or two responses to the thread that was a few years old. In my case I was trying to plan a trip and get some quick info on were to go and knew that the general forum gets checked a lot more frequently. I didn't think that most people surfed the local forum to see if they could answer peoples questions. I think people go there to post but if someone is not posting a question I don't think that most people look in there to answer peoples questions.
Just my two cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts