Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just bought a 2002 polaris xc600 for a great price with only 430 miles, anyway the sled has 196 studs installed, and he asked me if it would harm the track if we removed some or the studs? Any info regarding which ones to remove/ or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
A friend just bought a 2002 polaris xc600 for a great price with only 430 miles, anyway the sled has 196 studs installed, and he asked me if it would harm the track if we removed some or the studs? Any info regarding which ones to remove/ or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks[/b]

I asked pretty much the same question when I picked up my Z.
It seemed as though it was somewhat of a coin toss on whether it was a good idea to remove studs or not, so I decided to leave them in and run it the way it is. (was afraid the stud holes could get torn-ripped)
When and if this track dies, I'll do as I like as far as studding.

Duane

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
taking them out will hurt nothing, for heaven sakes people cut 1.5 inch hole in there track to make them lighter and these are pin hole compared to that. i took the studs out of one and ran it for 3000 miles and nothing happened.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Remove them evenly from both sides so that the track stays balanced. Or remove them so it follows a stud pattern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts