Snowmobile World banner

Removing Belt At Night To Keep It Warm

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  NewfieBullet 
#1 ·
any body else remove there belt at the end of the day after riding . My friend does this each night to keep it warm. just wondering if anybody else does this.?

i know i cant be bothered. :cool:

#3 ·
any body else remove there belt at the end of the day after riding . My friend does this each night to keep it warm. just wondering if anybody else does this.?

i know i cant be bothered. :cool:[/b]
I've seen that recommended in real cold weather and besides it's a good theft prevention idea...they can't drive off with it unless they bring their own belt.

#4 ·
Way too much work... After those really cold nights, simply let the machine warm up then lay it on it's side and spin the track free of the ground (make sure no one is behind you....). The belt will be just fine.

#5 ·
Way too much work... After those really cold nights, simply let the machine warm up then lay it on it's side and spin the track free of the ground (make sure no one is behind you....). The belt will be just fine.[/b]
laying the sled on its side is less work than pulling the belt :lmao: if its going to be -15/-20 I pull it. it only takes 15 seconds from hood up till hood down

#6 ·
I guess for some people removing the belt would be easier.... I'm 6'4" and 250...laying it over takes about 1.8 seconds. :cool:

#9 ·
To stop a theif would be a better reason than belt life. Letting the sled warm up would produce more than enought heat to soften the belt some.

#10 ·
I have woke up to -30 to -40 temps many times and I have never even considered removing my belt. I spin the track with back end lifted or I stand beside the sled and move it a few feet with a little throttle. My current belt has 8000 + kms on it with no issues. I would pay to see someone who could change their belt in " 15 seconds from hood up till hood down". I'm sure it takes me 10 seconds to unlatch my hood and lift it to the fully open position. Then there is the removal of the clutch cover. And finally my belt is a pain to get off even after everything is out of the way.

#12 ·
15 secs from hood up tp jhood down would be a worls's record, and i know that Cats are easy to change the belt on.

I would never bother to remove mt belt at night, no matter how cold it is out. Seems silly to me. 30 secs of riding and the it's warmed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.