Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's opinion of removing the front two boggie wheels on the PROX skid like they are on the 440 Prox Liq. With just the back two remaining? Less friction, more, speed????? ???

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
My opinion.......more friction, less speed.

lots of people add extra idler wheels to reduce friction, so I don't think thats the way you want to go.

FishHog

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't think that you would even notice a difference in speed, you might even make it slower. Leave it alone all you'll do is wear your hyfax out faster.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
That 440 has a 14" wide track. I don't think the skinny track can accomobdate idlers positioned outboard of the rails. (Same with the 13.5" track on the firecat.) Those idlers that you think are missing might be relocated between the rails. Can't tell from the pics I've seen. If they are gone altogether, it's because weight savings is more of a concern than short hyfax life on the race sled.

·
Registered
692 Posts
on a race sled the hyfax are paper thin!
i think its simple the track hits a slide that dose not move causing friction
or it hits a wheel that moves causing less friction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
it depends on snow conditions with racing a lot of people remove wheels in good snow lube conditions no wheels is faster the track is evenly distrubuted on the hyfax doesn't have to bend over a wheel and hit back on the track i'm sure you all have noticed extra wear on your hyfax in front and behind your wheels but with minamal snow your hyfax will over heat causing you to go slower with all that siad how much faster with no wheels mybe a 1/2 mph and a little waight savings you choose!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts