Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 XCR 700 and I was wondering if someone could explain the easiest way to remove and install the suspension. Ive owned the sled for 3 years and have never removed the skid. Ive replaced my slides through the track window opening and always lubricated everything on the sled itself. This season i wanna go through everything with a fine tooth comb before winter comes and I think it will be best acheived by removing it completley. I know my bolts for my limiter straps are seized up pretty well and I dont wanna strip the nut just because i cant get to them as it is now. Ive done a search on the forum and cant find much on removing it from scratch. Thanks So Much

-Brett

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a 98 XCR 700 and I was wondering if someone could explain the easiest way to remove and install the suspension. Ive owned the sled for 3 years and have never removed the skid. Ive replaced my slides through the track window opening and always lubricated everything on the sled itself. This season i wanna go through everything with a fine tooth comb before winter comes and I think it will be best acheived by removing it completley. I know my bolts for my limiter straps are seized up pretty well and I dont wanna strip the nut just because i cant get to them as it is now. Ive done a search on the forum and cant find much on removing it from scratch. Thanks So Much

-Brett[/b]
not sure how much detail your looking for but basically its four mounting bolts on the tunnel, then drop it down and pull it out sideways from the track. working either the back or front out first. I prefer starting with the back. Also back off your adjuster nuts as far as possible to make it easier. Then reverse this to get it back in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts