Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas on how to retro fit the C46 rear shock into a renagade rear suspension.  A friend of mine told me that the dealer sells a kit that will allow the use of the C46 but when I went to the dealer they told me that they have never heard of such a kit. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
310 Posts
get a REV

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
The REV is NO good to me until they long track it. For twisty trails and bumps the REV will rule. But out in the boondocks the gades crush.  The REVs are selling like crazy 25 revs for every zx chassis sold at my dealership.

Chuckman i had a C46 on my 01 800X last year and i do not notice much difference between it and my 02 800 gade.  If you want something for the rear get the Monster fox shock with the piggyback.  It rocks , but like other fox shocks it does need yearly rebuilding.

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Wait 'til 04 and get the 'Gade REV X. I have, from a reputable source, heard they may do a 'gade 800HO X in the REV chassis. If they do, I'm all over it. And by the way, IMO  the C46 is the way to go, not the Fox that you have to rebuild every month. You can valve the C46 any way you like and there are more people that can do it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Idooski,
  Can I have your old ugly slow cheap sled when you get that 2004?
                     Ryan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all sledcrazy, have you not thought that NOT everyone wants a REV.  Before you TELL someone what they should or should not buy, maybe you should find out first if that is what that person wants. I do not want a REV until I get a chance to take one for a ride, and since there is no snow anymore I will have to wait until next year.  I also want a sled with 136 inch track and since the REV does not come with 136 inch track, I dont want one!

Now, Permafrost you mentioned that you had the C46 in your 800X and you didnt notice a difference in your renegade.  Was your C46 stock valved? If so the valving is almost the same as a regular HPG shock.  My C46 has the same valving as a race 440 and is alot stiffer than the stock C46 that is on production "X" package sleds.  That is why I am looking for a way to put it into a gade.
Does anyone know of any aftermarket companies or sled shops in Western Canada that could help me?

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Sorry Chuckman, I don't know of anyone, but I'll keep an ear out for it. I'll take a look myself in the next few days. I have both skids here with both shocks.

I just think a lot of us are geeked about the REV. We didn't mean to offend you.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Aww........man. MXZWFO's is better anyway. It has reverse! (Which he took every oppurtunity to show off didn't he?) LOL!
                              Ryan

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hey RNM2399, your not going to charge him for that legal advice are you?  

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yeah I think I will. One 2002 Ski-Doo per hour sound like a good rate to you?
             Ryan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts