Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any flatlanders have one? What kind of terrain do you ride in? Are they pretty good on the trail?
I read in Snowtech, either this year or last, that the Renegade was suppose to be an awesome all around sled. Are they good if you do, say, 90% trail riding?
I was just wondering. Looks like a nice set-up.
Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Nov 2001 Snowgoer Mag had a Sks Vs Renegade article. And Snoe-tech had one in the Sept. 2001 Mag. Here is how they ended the article, ( A large number of Mx Z buyers would be better off with a renegade, they just don't know it yet! especiall when you addfetures like DPM and RER, then the added versitility becomes undeniable. the out-of the box calibrations and running quality is first classSki-Doo all the way,making this one of the finer pull a& go sleds avalible. There is likely no sled better qualified to operate better in a wider range of conditions ;this could easily be the best sled money can buy for 2002. It's that good,really.)
So there you have it.
Caleb

·
Registered
360 Posts
I`m a Renegader and a flatlander. I love this sled, and spend most of my time off trail. Have a 02 Renegade 800 and am trading to 03 renegade 800 with 1 3/4 inch track for more fun in the powder. I ride with 3 other Gades mostly up in Cochrane were the flatlanding powder is. I don`t think any of us would jump on a short track again. This sled gives you the means to make your own trails. Also performs as well as any other 800 on the trails, but top end you will lose a bit, but that`s not why you want a Renegade....out of the hole this sled rocks!!!

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I have an 02 GADE switched from 02 mxz 700. The gade walks on water and eats the bumps in the trail.I even  spanked Crazy B on the water on it

I LOVE my GADE and would never go back to 121

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I knew Team Renagade would be around this thread quickly! Best of both worlds rocks.
Caleb

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
A year ago we saw a Summit at the 'doo dealer in Hearst. Couldn't figure out why they'd order one. Then we realized all the ungroomed/inplowed logging roads up there would be perfect riding for one of them.

Later on we saw where someone had taken off across a small lake. Caught up to the guy later in Hornepayne, he was on a Summit too.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
A dealer down here in the land of zero snow a pol dealer had a 156" 800 RMK on there floor. It was an awesome looking machine but useless in this state even for up north . I think that they still have it.  Gades are catching on everywhere I think.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I was debating last year to buy a new renagade until I saw this 2000 formulaIII 800 with triple pipes for sale on SW.
Loving the triple and not lowering myself to go to a twin hehe I decided to make MY version of the 136 renegade. I streched her out and added a 1 1/2 paddle with 160 H.P. of deep snow, hill climbing, water crossing capabilitys that only a  121 could dream of.
Would I go back? Not'a chance
Cant imagine what the mountain guys with REAL long tracks can go thru

1 - 8 of 8 Posts