Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the snowmobile dealer this weekend and was drooling over all the shiney new sleds.
I sat on the Renegade and didn't like it as well as I thought I would. I thought it had wide running boards.?.? Why don't they? is it because it has less drag in the deep stuff? I was thinking that the Gade would be my next sled,but now I'm not so sure.
I also sat on the REV's. Very nice! I guess I will have to put the REV at the top of my list. Not like it matters. By the time I will be able to buy another sled, the 'Gade will probably be in the REV chasis anyway. lol ??? :doh: :blahblah:
Oh well. :D
SWRules

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I too wish my 2003 had the wide floor boards, but they only come in the ZX-X chassis found on all summits. There is much more to that chassis than wide running boards. It has a rolled chaincase , is lighter and stronger. I think you should take a gade for a ride . It will give a much different impression than just sitting on it

I think that the ZX-X chassis will be released on the gades next year, and possibly in a REV chassis the following year. They cant give us all the goodies at once, how else could they lure me into buying one next year ;) :D

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Dec 3 2002, 04:26 PM
They cant give us all the goodies at once, how else could they lure me into buying one next year ;) :D
From looking at your past purchased Perm. I would say they already have you picked for a sure thing :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have a 2002 renegade 800 and a 2003 rev 800. I put 5000km's on my renegade and loved it. But after a short time with my rev I can tell you that the renegade will be replaced with a second rev, cause as it stands now, my wife and I fight over the rev.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Kennypope, I have two major concerns with the REV.

How will it be for long tours 400-500 km in a day? As my legs are buckled from a nasty motorbike accident.

My second concern is how will it be in Powder, especially with the current "Beaver Tail" setup.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I will address those 2 concerns for you after experiance. As it stands now haven't done much of either. There is no deep snow yet up here about 2' but is compressed with the mild then cold weather. And still just going out for short little blasts as it is limited were you can go. But our trail club has told me that as long as we don't get a big time thaw, the trails up here will be opened by around the 15th of dec. But I can tell you that these short 50-60 km rides on the pre groomed trails usually made me feel that I was in gold's gym for 6 hours. But on the rev not sore at all. The first couple of rides through the bumpy trails, my legs were stiff, but i was standing up alot. I soon reliezed that I didn't have to stand up for half of the bumps as the rev takes them so well.
One thing that did happen was I was about to cross from one side of the highway to the other. When I went to go over the snow bank, I wasn't going very fast and the ski's cleared the bank, but because of the track being further back I got hung up. No big deal just half to get used to the fact that you got to get more than just the ski's over the crest before stopping or you will be tuggin on the front bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts