Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed used carbs for my ss indy 440 and I need to set them up all setting are off .the sled will start and run but will bog out some time can any one help me set the carbs up the are 34mm carbs

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

Use this to look up your sled. If it's supposed to have 34mm carbs, then just make sure all your jets match the parts diagram. I can't tell what carbs are supposed to be in there. If 34mm is correct then you need to make sure that the main jet, pilot jet, needle jet, and jet needle size and position are all following the parts diagram for your specific model. Even if it runs great right now you might have hidden issues if you don't check your jetting (see the "burndown" thread).

Even then, the cutout angle of the throttle valve on new carbs might not match your spec. I don't know if there's anything you can do about that or how much of a difference it makes. The cutout for your model should be 2.0. Maybe you could swap the throttle valves (the big round things that slide up and down) out of your old carbs? I never tried this. Why did you switch anyway?

If you know that your clutching was perfect before you changed carbs then okay. But if not, I would first check your jetting (a must since you changed the carbs) then go straight to the clutching starting with the correct OEM belt. Refer to the parts diagram again (or better yet the clutching and jetting chart that should be under your hood) to make sure your clutch is set up to spec for your altitude (stock settings should be correct for you but I can't say for sure).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what shound the air mixture be set at right not I have the small screws at 1 3/4 turn and the big screw at 3 1/4 is that right

1 - 3 of 3 Posts