Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??? Recently purchased a 2002 Z440 SnoPro for daughter to race. Replaced the upper gear and chain, gear and chain remained the same size as taken out. I can not for the life of me able to get the entire package seated. Is there a trick some could please pass along. The belt is off but I can not make the upper and lower gears mesh properly. HELP this is the first of 3 sleds I need to work on. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Put the two sprockets in the chain, with the two together put the bottom sprocket on the shaft, then while you are putting the top sprocket on turn the brake rotor slowly to get the top shaft to line up with the splines in the top sproket. :D Bada Bing ;)

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Originally posted by zrcatman@Nov 25 2002, 07:05 PM
??? Recently purchased a 2002 Z440 SnoPro for daughter to race. Replaced the upper gear and chain, gear and chain remained the same size as taken out. I can not for the life of me able to get the entire package seated. Is there a trick some could please pass along. The belt is off but I can not make the upper and lower gears mesh properly. HELP this is the first of 3 sleds I need to work on. Thanx in advance.
Loosen tensioner ALL-THE-WAY, place both gears in the chain and insert the bottom on the shaft just enough to get it started; NO MORE.

Then try to mesh the top while moving the secondary clutch to get it aligned. Once the top begins to seat, push both on at the same time.

You can't seat one then the other. You MUST install them at the SAME time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just what SWWebmaster said but its easier to turn the brake rotor than to reach across to the secondary.. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
And dont forget to put oil back in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he he he :p

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Originally posted by 1BADZR@Nov 25 2002, 07:17 PM
And dont forget to put oil back in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he he he :p
and re-adjust tensioner.... :D :D

CatzAzz, we posted at the exact same time. :p

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
And don't forget the loc-tite on the sprocket bolts,I forgot ,I thinkand now I gotta pull the chaincase back apart to make sure :(

·
Registered
249 Posts
I never use loctite on the sprocket nuts, and have never had a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts