Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED INSTRUCTIONS AND BRAKDOWN ON REPLACING A TRACK ON A 2000 MXZ700. I AM TO CHEAP TO BUY A MANUAL $45. ANY HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS,
MIKE

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just put a new 1.25 track on my 02 MXZ . Under the hood, remove your exhaust, secondary clutch, chain case cover(drain it first), Lock your brake and remove your bottom gear bolt. totally back off your chain adjuster and the gear should come off. Keep the parts in order. Theres a snap ring in the case holding the bearing in ,remove it. On the other side take off the speed-o drive(3 bolts) and a snap ring . Out back, drop your suspension( 4 bolts) and pull it out. Slide the drive toward the chaincase ( you may have to tap on the speed-o side to get it to move. Remove the bearing from the case and the axle will drop. do the reverse to get it back together. I strap the suspension down to get it in the track easierand to get the bolt holes to line up. GOOD LUCK! hope it helps.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I agree with most of that , but I do it alittle different. I drop the rear suspension first, so that you take the tension off the track sprockets and drive axel bearings. Then I would start under the hood.

Make sure to check the chain case seals and be sure not to over tighten the chain case cover.
I also strap my suspension, to make install easier.

just my .02

FZ700

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you are worried about spending $45, I don't think this is the sport for you...I mean, we spend ridiculous amounts of money on our sport now, so what is another $45!

Remember- the definition of a snowmobile: A big plastic bucket resting in the snow, into which you pour money... :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts