Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what is needed (for sure) to take a set of precision skis from a 2002 zx chassis and mount them on a 99 FZ 670. I'm hearing it's just a different spindle bushing to accomodate the different size mounting bolt.
Anybody actually done it yet?
Thanks
rubber side down
Brad

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Don't know about your specific case, but I put Flex skis from a '02 mxz on my '86 Phazer.  I needed extra washers because of the different spindle width (put them toward the outside so essentially I now have a ski stance 1/2" wider).  Also, the rubber stopper between the bottom of the spindle and the ski didn't fit (too thick), so I cut some rubber hose scraps for a replacement, 'til I find a stopper that fits perfectly.  So basically I'm saying just do it and make it fit.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
No there is no retro fitting.  All you got to do is buy the skis and mounting hardware.  There is no change to the spindle or anything.  It will mount up the same way as your current skis..  

I have done it to my Mach and 98 Mxz.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I put new Flex ski's on my 96 MXz (replaced the original steel skis).  I used washers for the spacing difference (same amount of washers on each side to keep the ski stance the same) and cut the rubber stopper from the original ski down (the new ones that came with the Flex ski's were very different and would never fit).  They work flawlessly and made a huge difference in handling.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think they will fit right on. Try to find a used pair that someone didn't like or wrecked(kinda hard to find) new ones are very $$$$. They are great though!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts