Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you where buying a new sled and narrowed it down to these two whitch one would you choose!!! ???

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You live in ontairo.

Give your insurance a call. LOL..

It will help you make your call.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm a little Bias but I would choose the 800! I had the same problem when I snow checked mine (Should I get the 600 REV or 800 REV). I picked the 800 because the sleds where listed as having the same in weight. It is an up charge of $800-$1000 for the 800 with more Horse Power. It is the old saying "BIGGER IS BETTER". :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I bought the 600 because I plan on doing long distance trail riding and fuel economy is important. A side effect of buying the 600 over the 800 is that I will have cheaper insurance. This is a serious issue in Ontario right now. A few insurance companies are not insuring sleds with 800cc or larger engines.

There is much more to snowmobiling than going fast for me...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Personally I would go with the 600HO. The only place I would get a chance to use the long legs of the 800 is on the lakes. I tend to do most of my riding on trails and ditches. I feel the resale is better on the 600 around here also. M2C.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I came off an 800 and bought a 600HO! After riding it I can say is I hope ski doo made HUGE strides in 800 performance over the past yr to make it even close to worth the extra $$$$. The 600HO rocks, The whole time i was riding all I kept thinking was, gezus why couldnt the 800 run this good. Im very glad I spent the money on the x package rather than get an 800 sport for similar money. You guys who bought 600HO's WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bigger isnt always better.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had an 800 last year in the Renegade. Disliked the gas mileage and top end. This year I bought the 600 ho rev and so far LOVE IT. That 600 is very very strong. It has more top end than my 800 did last year.
The gas mileage is much better. Also I love to be able to say "I just have a little 600"!
When you have an 800 and do some drag racing against 700 and 600s you had better win!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its funny that the choice here is insurance driven in ontario. I just wrote another post about the latest insurance bill I recieved just now by mail. Living in ontario myself , I know now what the hype is about. [My other post is under general snowmobiling] those of you who live in ontario , give trial smart a call if your insurance is restricting you to smaller cc engines cause this company is backed by ofsc and they promise to give the best anywhere! Phone # 1-888-404-sled ???

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I just got off the phone with TrailSmart and their price quote is $200 higher than my insurance company... oh well, it was worth a shot.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Skimikedoo

Trail smart is no bargain..not even close they want nearly 3 times the price that im paying for my sleds now..steve

·
Registered
387 Posts
Under normal circumstances I would say the 800 (I got the REV 800X) but I had a hard time trying to find an insurance company.

They all would insure up to 700 cc's but over that it got real hard.

Check for insurance first so yo won't be surprised like I was.

just my .02

·
Registered
191 Posts
No problems with with insurance here with the 800 (Manitoba)... they price it based on machine value, not cc.

My concern with the 600 was the higher compression ratio... gota be concerned if you get some bad gas... might be a good idea to run higher octane in it?

The main thing is to just get the REV... mine so far only has 0.8 kms on it :cussing: Some snow please!!!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Originally posted by Skidoowes@Nov 26 2002, 01:30 PM
No problems with with insurance here with the 800 (Manitoba)... they price it based on machine value, not cc.
It's all relative with respect to insurance. You have fewer trails, less population, and fewer riders, therefore the number of snowmobile claims will be proportionally lower than Ontario. The second question asked by the insurance agent after "brand" is "size" :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Id get the 600HO X.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I stand corrected, I myself gave them a call due to an error on my policy and was appolled when I ask them for a quote for a mach 1 or z and a rev , there answer "we don't insure them anymore" :angry: I than asked why, but they failed to answer. :nervous: So not only will the snowmobile manufactures have to deal with low sales cause of low snow conditions, but also from impossibile to get insurance. I can't beleive this ,I been with this company for 5 years and never had a claim and still get treated like sh-t!!! :nervous: :angry:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would get the 600. Personally, that's plenty enough power on the trails. If you're a lake racer, maybe you would want the 800. I don't think I'd ever buy anything above a 600.
Good luck!
Let us know what you decide!
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts