Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna purchase a new Rev., probubly next year, maybe this year.

I'm wondering what the differences I would notice between the 600's and the 800's. I guess the best way would be to ride both, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get an opportunity to do that.

I love the way my 600 handles. I drove a 1995 Mach Z last year, and I did not like it. The only way I would want something like that is maybe U.P. riding.

So are the NEW 800's that different than the NEW 600"s??

Kirk

·
Registered
72 Posts
They both ride exactly the same. The difference with this years REV 600 is that it is an HO motor. Has the HP of many 700cc sleds. The 800 is rated at about 137hp, correct me if I'm wrong. The 600 HO is dyno tested and results showing 119.8 HP. Check your insurance rates for both sleds, it is a major consideration when insuring 800cc's vs. 600cc's. atleast in NH anyway.

·
Registered
479 Posts
How's it going Captain Kirk...

I'm ridding my ZR 600 myself and love it...I figure a new REV 600H.O. would be great. If you get a 800 and have no complaints...you might find yourself pulling out extra $$$ each sled purchase to buy the 800. Well that's kind of how I'm looking at things because I'm low on money :(

PLUS: I'd like to mess with the 700's on my 600H.O. :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
If I was buying a 2003 REV, it would have to be the 600. The 800 Ski-doo motor has never been all that impressive. In fact the 700 ski-doo will usually out pull an 800 in all areas except top speed. Now, if you are waiting until next year, all bets are off since they will probably be putting the 800 H.O. motor in the REV, and who knows what other motors may show up in the REV... :devil:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jiddru, do you agree with edrocks3 that both the 600 & 800 both ride exactly the same?

Kirk

·
Registered
387 Posts
it will ride the same --

its the same sled save the the few extra pounds the 800's motor will add...

'04
it would be nice if next year they put the 800 SDI in the REV! that appears to be some sweet technology! if it works as advertised it really makes the 4 stroke meaningless --- in snowmobiling anyway...

AAJMO-

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by edrocks3@Oct 24 2002, 07:12 PM
They both ride exactly the same. The difference with this years REV 600 is that it is an HO motor. Has the HP of many 700cc sleds. The 800 is rated at about 137hp, correct me if I'm wrong. The 600 HO is dyno tested and results showing 119.8 HP. Check your insurance rates for both sleds, it is a major consideration when insuring 800cc's vs. 600cc's. atleast in NH anyway.
Holy cow 119 out of a 600. That's just awesome. My old 670 made about 115hp. Wow, give it up for Ski Doo. :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
idooski & louis-

I have been "informed" by actually racing the 700 vs. the 800. Not once, but over and over again...

And I would agree that the two machines (600 & 800) would ride the same given the same suspensions (X/Adreneline/Sport) but of course, when you are riding a bigger sled, you have to "square" your corners off a little since you have a little more ski lift due to the extra HP (but this is minor). Plus, the 600 will most likely backshift quicker and smoother, allowing an easier transition from braking to gas. Case in point, I can ride my MXZX440 quicker through a tight section of twisties than my MXZ700 because I can carry more speed through the corners and the backshifting is spot on due to the roller secondary.

I guess, in the end, you would be spliting hairs between either sled...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, it sure dosen't sound like the extra $$ is worth the extra 200cc.

So, I'm going shoppin' for the 600! (2003)

God I hope the jet steam keeps up this current pattern! If it was 15 degrees cooler, it would be SNOW HEAVEN!!!!! (SE WI)

·
Registered
116 Posts
you are foolish jidru! i have owned both, raced them repeatedly,the 800 will out pull the 700 easily! you obviously ran against some who didnt do the secondary spring update. preload on sec. should be set on A-2 , with the correct belt and clutch alignment, the 700 will never beat the 800! skidoo had the preload adjusted wrong on the 800's. first of all they had the wrong spring, then they had the wrong specs. on the white spring, and the belt was too long also. with these updates, the 700 loses badly! :devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts