Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to pick up the new sled. Got it home and removed most of the decals, polished nearly everything and it is beginning to come into it. Next is the fixed windshield and aftermarket handguards, then I think I will like it. I will post a few pics so that those of you who are wondering what it would look like with most of the decals removed will know. Much better in my opinion. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
what decals did u remove?? the ones that came on it from the factory?? are u going to put new ones on, or leave it w/o them??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As you can see (kind of, pics are not that great), I have removed the large decal that was in the center of the hood, the stripe that was on the left side above the Skidoo decal, the lower part of the Skidoo decal, the warning stickers and stripes that were on the tail (storage compartment cover). These pic don't show it, but I have polished the tunnel, the clutch cover, the top of the head, the pipe, the rear grab bar and a few other small things. I have not gotten to the spindles yet, but that is coming. That is all for now. Back to work...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sweeeet pics! Looks sleek with fewer stickers.What did you use to polish your tunnel? Hoping my Rev will be in this or next week and want to get it polished up before the snow flys.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. The shock covers were between $15 and $20. I actually took them off one of my other sleds. I am not sure the yellow ones look right on this one. I like the black ones, but I wish the writing was in yellow.

I use the Mothers polish. It is in a red and white tin available at most auto part stores.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use a regular hair dryer. I put it on high, get it good and warm and peel away. Some glue gets left behind. For that I use a clean cloth and a product called Goo Gone. You can get it at most hardware stores. Works great and it has never hurt any type of finish I have used it on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you guys that ordered rev 600 sports have to order them with DPM?
My brother was told this by the dealer and had to pay an extra $300 to boot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No. The 600HO's in these pics do not have DPM. The 800 does. DPM and the track were the only option that was desired on this 800, but we were told that in order to get DPM, you had to order it with RER. I guess you could not get one without the other. That may have been the same for the 600HO's, but I am not sure. Did your brother want RER?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, he ordered it with RER and no DPM, then a couple weeks later the dealer called and said he couldn't order without DPM. Maybe that's why he was forced to pay for DPM. Why should you have to pay extra for something you don't have a choice about?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am sure that is why he had to get the DPM.

I agree with you. I don't understand why you had to have bothThey could have produced the sleds with any combination, but choose not to. They are not techincally related in any way, you should not have to have one to have the other.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
SO i ordered mine with rer but not dpm does that mine mine is gonna have dpm? It makes snese cause the price was a little higher than i thought when i ordered the rer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would say the answer to that is, yes it will have DPM if it has RER. If that is not the case, let us know. That would be the first one that I have heard of.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts