Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had mentioned earlier that I was building a REV HO 800. Since the factory would not do it I had to. The sled is around 150 real HP with porting/head/bored carbs. The pipe is stock and the airbox is on for now.

I got my first chance to test it today, I am using wiseco pistons as well so I took the usual precautions on breaking it in. After 3 passes at 1500' each it was time to line it up with a f7.

The f7 is a stock sno-pro with studs. My REV is NON STUDDED. We did all roll on races starting at 5-7mph. The results are: REV by at least 2 sleds in 1500'. Sometimes more. The acceleration from 10-80mph is mind numbing. I am thinking about gearing down from stock 26 to 24 because the thrill is awsome. It was hard to tell the top end in 1" snow as the precision ski's drag a ton when the ground is soft. I was hitting 107 in the morning and down to 105 in the afternoon at 38 deg F.

Here is the kicker!!! I am running bored carbs with stock jetting. The old theory was to jet up 10 sizes for bored carbs, my EGT's are about 1100 deg at WFO and a perfect 1180 in the midrange. MACDIZZY's bore job on the carbs was excelent, it made jetting fun.

I want to thank MACDIZZY and RKTEK for their help on this project. I have not started to clutch this beast except for putting in 21 gr pins and a 200-320 spring. I had to add the spring because the engagement with the heavy pins was 3000 RPM, way to low. It is now at 3800-4000. I am still turning 8000 RPM with the heavy pins on clicker 2. Cant wait to get more snow and get is dialed in. My setup for midrange is proving to work good. I actually had to drop the needle to raise the temps up. All in all I am very pleased with the HO, wisecos did their job for 1500' runs (40 of them) NO PROBLEMS!!! :D

One last note, Eeverything looks completely stock!!!

GLH

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey GHL,
Kinda slow tonight so I tought I would try my first attempt at posting. Those are encouraging results. I am also getting work done by Rick as we speak. In fact I think he was going to call you about my carbs (02 700 MXZ.) I spoke to you about 6 weeks ago.Every time I here Mac dizzy mentioned It always seems to be good. Keep us posed with the rest of the tuning.
Chris in NY

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris,

He told me about your sled and his mods. Get ahold of me if you need help.

I am also waiting for the breakin chip to burn off. I nly have about 2 hours on the sled. It will only get faster. MACDIZZY's mods areal and usable. He is not a "REV IT TO THE MOON" person. I would like mine to spin 7700.

GLH

716-378-4098

·
Registered
43 Posts
GLH, How's your sled running these days? I have a Rev8 and am watching closely to see what can be added without reducing reliability. cheers,spook

·
Registered
145 Posts
;) GLH I haven't had a chance to get a close look at my new rev 800. Are there any diff. between clutch parts i.e. pins, arms, and ramps with the tra 3?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At this point in time I had to put the STOCK engine back in my rev. I have to get clutching done on the stock motor first. I rode mine enough to know that I need more ramps from the factory and another helix (being made now) WOW!!!. Until I get those parts I have to tune on the stocker. The stock engine runs pretty good. I am finding some clutch changes that I like but need a little more testing to be sure.

The TRA III has totally different ramps/arms. Because of that, I have chosen to make some of my own ramps to try. If they work I will make more. The RER driven is a little pricy to test with also. Each Helix is about 120$, makes guessing a bit expensive.LOL

One last note is you can't use heavy adjustable pins because they hit the govenor cup!!!

GLH

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you done anything with jetting. We jetted down to 360's and seems to be real close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts