Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty set on getting a '03 Renegade but though I may snatch a 800 REV up and buy a Tunnel and XPert-X for that instead. The REV is definetly lighter than the Gade. I can barely one hand the front of the REv. I wish it was light like the Firecat 5 as I picked it up one hand easily, couldn't believe how light it was. So give what you guys paid for your rev and what options you had/have? And give me your locations and dealer info also if you have it. I'll definetly shop them. I was given a quote of $7,482 OTD w/taxes and set up for a '03 Gade 800 RER Black.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No-one knows? And the pries your seeing on the 007 edition also.
caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I paid over 11000.00 For the 600ho REV X package with taller track in Canadian Bucks. I dont think the 800 will be that much more maybe 400 bucks but im not sure.

The rev is not much heavier then the firecat. I read that the production firecat will barly be 10lb lighter.

I dont know if you drove the REV yet but its unreal. That is the only reason i bought this machine being a twin. THe handling is Unbelivable you will be amazed. In a corner the only thing about to roll and flip is you if your not holding on. And the suspention works amazing.

Anyway good luck. I hope somepeople help you out with the price in US dollars.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I hate the looks of the Rev except the 007 but it's the weight I like. There was atleast a 20lbs diference between the f-5 and rev 800. But the rev was still a one hander to lift the skis off the ground. I won't care how it handles pon the tral either as i'll be pounding the power lines and,rr tracks, and off trail 75% of the time. It's all about weight. I can't believe that noone is posting yet. thanks for your input Martin.
caleb

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just finished reading and artical in the new SnowTech mag. Three things caught my eye. First they stated that the REV did not impress them on wide flat trails. Second, they said " Our REV was not a top speed machine, out on the lakes it was slow. Third, It is NOT a deep snow sled.

Seems like the REV is only good for bumps and jumps. So the way I see it, if you live in an area where the trails ALWAYS SUCK, the REV is the sled to buy!

:withstupid:

But who wants to ride CRAP trails all the time?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put a new tunnel,136or bigger track and she'll be a mountain king for sure. And the XPert-X rear skid also.
Caleb

·
Registered
387 Posts
wow - chuckman almost has it figured out! :p

>>But who wants to ride CRAP trails all the time?
no one wants too -- but you gotta ride what you got

the REV should have been named the TUG for tug hill, the sled was made for the CRAP trails we get to ride on all weekend long!

The REV will do jus t fine on flat smooth trails, but I agree if all U have is flat wide trails then an RX-1 or similar is the sled to have. Leave the REV's and the Fx's for us...

Lastly the REV is not slow. That statement is simply un true. The 600 HO will be the fastest 600 on the snow this winter, the 800 will be no slouch either, but if you're into riding the triple digits speeding across a lake, then again, there are MUCH better choices...

When I go to Quebec I'm taking the Viper but in the bumps I really don't think the REV will have an equal.

Just MO!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The REV definetly isn't slow. It won in 600,700, and even placed in the 800single pipe class. Now that sure doesn't sound slow man. But it's still ugly as sin!
Caleb

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Caleb, CrazyB sent me an email to a site that had a full report of the REV in mountain powder. The test riders loved it and said after a little adjustment of their riding style they said it was AMAZING in the powder. I have to say I was unsure of the REVS capabilities in the powder but after seeing these pics and reading the article im sure it would work fine with minor mods(track). You know which one I would suggest buying Caleb ;)
but whichever one you buy im sure youll be happy :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, I guess the people at SnowTech have no idea what they are talking about! Not only did they put 4412 MILES on the Rev LAST YEAR, but coming from a magazine company who has be testing sleds for longer than any other magazine company out there. You would think they might just know more about the Rev than anyone else. I guess not! (yeah right!)

Come on people, we all love Ski-doo, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here!
Even a honest dealer will tell you that the Rev is not a speed demon. Sure a may be faster than some others but it is no Mach Z!
The Rev was designed to turn on a dime, and it does! But this causes the sled to be a little sketchy on straight flat high speed sections.
Finally, the Rev has been tried in the DEEP powder. Sure it probably worked ok but not like the ZX can. The rear design of the Rev does not work in the powder. It traps to much snow. A tunnel extension, like what is on the 440 racer would probably make it work much better.

Before anyone should write or say anything about any sled. They better know what they are talking about, or they will look pretty dumb when they are proven wrong.

Snow Tech logged on 4412 miles last year on the Rev, how many did you log on? I think they know what they are talking about! :yee:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's the link Permafrost? The REV is cheaper than the Gade also. I really like the Gade's but I can one hand the front of a 800 REv and that's not possible for me to do on the Gade. Maybe once I'm back in tip top shape but not now. I'd say theres atleast a 20-30 lbs difference.
Caleb

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you read the article you would of seen in BIG LETTERS the words 4412 miles on a REV PROTOTYPE. They even said the serial number was 4. Ski-Doo has done some things to improve the Rev from the proto's that people were test riding last winter.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Supertraxx words it best in that the sled is clearly not for every rider or trail condition. It takes tense riding conditions (other than deep powder) and makes it more manageable. You won't see me flatland riding with a Summit either.

I will be surprised if it is'nt fast, after all the aero testing at the wind tunnel and low drag images shown in advertisements it should pick up a couple mph on the top end. And the TRIII it puts more power to the ground.

They probably detuned it a little to last through all the prototype testing without barfing an engine. I am sure not one test rider was easy on it.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
:blahblah: nice rant. I wonder if this rev will work in the powder?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They do look good with that long track. They keep looking better,as lomg as i don't look at the front LOL.
Caleb

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sled Weights,

F-5 = 447 Lbs. Dry Weight
F-7 = 460 Lbs. Dry Weight
REV 600 & 800 = 454 Lbs. Dry Weight
:sly:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts