Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
That's right fishhead. IMHO I would use the regular Amsoil synthetic oil after break-in. The racing synthetic is designed for racing. Unless you are WOT most of the time it will not work properly.

As far as the Doo sythetic goes , can't really judge that one as it is a new formula this year, improved smokeless

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Is the price improved this year too? :D :devil:

·
Registered
963 Posts
no, the price did not change for the doo oil :hallo4: still around 45$ a gallon. I will use the doo mineral for the breake in and the switch to amsoil after.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've been inside lots of doo watercraft motors that were religiously run on doo synthetic (doo advised its use on certain models). Also the same skis that were run on the doo mineral oil. Absolutley no perceivable difference in internal parts wear. The only skis that showed noticable premature wear were ones that ran outboard oil. I'll vote for the reg doo in your poll.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Doo synthetic is the absolute stinkiest oil you can use. I refused to ride behind my buddy until he switched :cussing:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have an 800 HO and I had this same question, talked a guy who owns a ski doo dealership and he said that I would be wasting my money using anything except the plain old mineral oil.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use the plain old mineral oil from Ski-Doo I can get it for $18.00 gal when I bring in my own jugs, I've got over 5000 miles on my 04 800ho and never any carbon build up on my raves.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts