Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance to see a new Rev 800 engine dyno tested, less then 2 hours on engine( still in break in period), made 135 hp with a little tuning made 141hp. I will make progess reports, as this engine is turned into a triple killer.

·
Registered
978 Posts
good to know, last year's motor had trouble hitting the 130 mark, least the one that my buddy had. (02 mxzx800) I never tried my renegade on the dyno.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i still think that big twins big trouble. the 700 is bulletproof but the 800 ???

·
Registered
160 Posts
What did you do for tuning to go from 135hp to 141hp? :0: :0: :0:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul we will see how good these 800 twin's are this one will be thrashed on a dyno for the next 2-3 weeks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
clutching has no effect on an engine dyno (hooked up directly to crank) although such gains would be realizable on a track dyno

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not the clutches, engine is out of the sled. I don't know exactly what was done to get the extra 6hp, didn't ask, probable somthing with the carbs.
I will post updates as this project progress.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No up-date's this week, dyno problems should be repaired by Wed.
Wil keep u-all posted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Know any one that has track dyno'd one ? I did my 2002 800MXZ about 2 weeks ago it came out 79.3 hp at the track and it has a 1.5 track on it. they say you lose 40% to 50% at the track Just wondering? !!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I never realized tracks robbed that much HP . . .

That's it then, my track is coming off!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
A few years ago, a guy took i belive a 98 MXZ 500 and mounted what looked like a golfcart wheel right in the middle of the tunnel.

Not only would that be much lighter, but it would offer much less rolling resistance.

Anyway, I saw a pic of him doing a huge burnout. that thing must have flew.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The sled was on Dynojet setup were they remove the stock skid and replace with there own. The same guy had a open mod rev 800 and it came in at 91 hp at the track. The funniest thing of all the stock clutching was the best set up. Had Heel Clickers only came in at 77 hp Any one know what the rev's are? ???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts